Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So the Pretoria Magistrates court is on fire

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
So the Pretoria Magistrates court is on fire in South Africa, half the buildings collapsed, and it's one of the largest courts there.
Apparently there are no current leads into how it happened.....

Try anyone who was due up in front of the judges today. How stupid can they get in the media?
Sorry must just changed the name from Pretoria to Polokwane (ANC busy wiping the Earth of any pre 1996 historical references to the Afrikaaners)

Gra.

Attachments

• Court fire.jpg
    Court fire.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 158
From what I've heard, there wasn't much justice being meted out there anyway.

Isn't Polokwane what Pietersburg used to be called? I thought Pretoria was changing to something like Tshwane? But I could be wrong :)

Is Durban still Durban?
I know they changed Umtata to some thing else.
Port Elizabeth, is planned to be called Nelson Mandela Metro
East London is to be called Buffalo.

What a mess.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep - it is crazy - they wanted to change Potchefstroom - yep I lived there for 9 long years - to Tlokwe which is the brand name of the local Sorghum beer - even those in the Township there rebelled against that one :)
Then they renamed the main street from Church Street (the one with most of the errr Churches on) to some strange name and then joined two streets together but didn't change the numbers - so now there are two number 1's etc - drives couriers crazy apparently :)

Ah - the Kings Hotel in Potch. And, if I remember correctly, one of the nicest restaurants in the area that served famous Avocado Ritz as a starter whose name now escapes me ...

2 'interesting' years there!!

Gary, I never ate there - always used to use the Spur :) When were you there - I used to work at the University - was the only Englishman there - they could never work me out :D

Gary, I never ate there - always used to use the Spur :) When were you there - I used to work at the University - was the only Englishman there - they could never work me out :D

Probably way back - mid 80's - and now I feel old :lol:

Back