IMG_0433_zpsxlvzefo4.jpg

IMG_0431_zpsf3mkztby.jpg

IMG_0430_zpsqi9mqloa.jpg

IMG_0428_zpsollikhch.jpg

IMG_0427_zpsdhev2dvw.jpg

IMG_0426_zps8frl4kic.jpg

IMG_0427_zpsdhev2dvw.jpg

I went along with an open mind to see.
Its been resprayed Ford Focus RS Blue which is a case of preference which is a 7/10 job. On inspection the bodywork is solid at the crucial points ( rear of sills, both inner and outer, and the areas behind the rear quarter bumpers)
The engine sounds as sweet as any other good 24V motor with 168K on it. It has had a timing belt recently and water pump.
There is a little damage to the dash but it is minor and it has bucket seats instead of the originals. It is a GX but being a 98 it has the roof bars and a sunroof but cloth seats and trim.
It has Ironman suspension and Mickey Thompson Wheels 285 tyres (KM2's).
The front bumper again is a matter of taste but easily removable.
It looks a good solid 80 to me and if it had been an original colour blue VX with the extras I would have been haggling damn hard.
I've known the guy selling it a while and he was good enough to give me 1st option on it so I said I would put it it up to see if there is any interest from anyone on here.
Its located between Chester and Liverpool if anyone needs the location.
To obtain the guys details PM me for the contact no's.

Thanks for looking

Agree on the colour and front bumper Andy, but I guess the bucket seats tell the rest of the story. [emoji6] may we ask how much?

I suppose now the latest mad max has finished there selling off some of the props..

Just to add to it all the brakes are new along with all the wheel bearings.

The price wasn't really discussed but he did tell me how much he had in it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I like the colour.
Quite a fancy looking ally radiator fitted too.

That front slicer thingy looks dreadful, but the price is good if it's solid...

If he had painted it black and if i were looking for an 80 Andy's word would be good enough for me to bid on it , the bumper is only a couple of bolts away from a skip .

If somebody here does buy it and decided to change the wheels please give me a shout as i would like a set of those rims .

Last edited:
In fairness its a long way off what he has in it. Its a solid thing though and mechanically good so what you don't have to spend comes off what you pay. IIRC the ns swivel does have a weep. Its not mint underneath but is well better than most out there.
I hope this helps.

Hi guys I may well bid on this truck my own 80 won't pass mot in Febuary so I am on look out for another 80 and it seems Andy has good advice.
My preference would be a black Amazon but they ain't to thick on the ground these days so I guess as long as it's solid and it has good suspension I can remove the bling wheels and bullbar clothes horse and get some mud flaps and put it to work. So wheels would be up for grabs.
If any of you guys do know of a black 80 that might be up for sale now or soon I sure would be interested I know what they are worth and happy to pay for the right one as at the end of the day nothing comes close to the 80 for my farming work and I know I have tryed them all out there and keep coming back to the old girls.
Cheers Peter.

Hi guys I may well bid on this truck my own 80 won't pass mot in Febuary so I am on look out for another 80 and it seems Andy has good advice.
My preference would be a black Amazon but they ain't to thick on the ground these days so I guess as long as it's solid and it has good suspension I can remove the bling wheels and bullbar clothes horse and get some mud flaps and put it to work. So wheels would be up for grabs.
If any of you guys do know of a black 80 that might be up for sale now or soon I sure would be interested I know what they are worth and happy to pay for the right one as at the end of the day nothing comes close to the 80 for my farming work and I know I have tryed them all out there and keep coming back to the old girls.
Cheers Peter.

You have a pm peter

Cheers Peter.

Not black but I believe http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Toyo...iesel-VX-Manual-UK-spec-4x4-4wd-/201475048850 is one of the members on here and is rumoured to be in good condition overall..

My preference would be a black Amazon but they ain't to thick on the ground these days so I guess as long as it's solid and it has good suspension I can remove the bling wheels and bullbar clothes horse and get some mud flaps and put it to work. So wheels would be up for grabs. ��
If any of you guys do know of a black 80 that might be up for sale now or soon I sure would be interested I know what they are worth and happy to pay for the right one as at the end of the day nothing comes close to the 80 for my farming work and I know I have tryed them all out there and keep coming back to the old girls. ��
Cheers Peter.
Is yours going to fail on rust like mine did? :icon-cry: mines went off the road in october, ive got a transporter t5 2.5tdi in the mean time but boy do i miss that 4.2 purr.

Back