Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Some gauges not working

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
OK, not being lazy and I will look at the wring diagrams etc, but worth a shot if there has been something similar before.

Got some minor issues with the truck, most are just a quick fix, but oddly the fuel gauge doesn't work. Filled with cans today - nothing. The oil pressure gauge is off the scale - always. Even with no batteries connected and I'm not sure that the temp sender works either. Pulled gauge fuse and the volts stopped immediately. Put it back in, working again. Not the fuse then. It almost feels as though one of the multi plugs isn't pushed in right. Hmm? Rev counter and speedo work.

Anything blindingly obvious boys?

Oh, poured water into the sunroof surround today. Poured out of the driver side. Nothing at the passenger side. Shoved some welding wire in there and it ran for TWENTY MINUTES!!!!

Ahh, that would either be blocked and full in the sill or I have aux ballast tanks fitted! Is there only one drain per side? This might explain the damp foot well.

Chris

I could be completely off target here and my memory might be worse than i thought, however i seem to recall dodgy gauges being traced back to the alternator plug in the past.

May be worth unplugging and giving it a quick clean to see if that helps

Hi Callum, thanks for that sorry but I think that's the lower warning lights like the abs, water trap etc that come on when the alternator isn't charging. I have had that before after some particularly deep Lincomb mud. This is the needle gauges. Not the same thing I'm afraid.

C

You need to swap with gw clocks mate if there still ok. Im told you can take the seperate bits out the clocks but have never tried.

karl

I suspect GW's clocks are little more than molten pools of, well melted stuff...

I had a problem with the fuel gauge on my 80 series, it went for an MOT working and when it came back it was not, took the sender out and played around with it, still didn't work so got another one from Karl, in the mean time I also noticed that the oil light came on when the headlights or heater fan were put on full, cleaned all the earth cables and also noticed a bad battery terminal, by that time had received the new sender so put it all back together and it was cured.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, I had the whole dash out today. Wasn't difficult, some monkey had forgotten to put all the right screws back in. No 8 wood-screws are not a regular Mr T fitment, I'm sure.

All diff locks now operational. Fuel gauge doing something at last, oil pressure gauge was jammed inside, freed off but reading VERY low. I suspect that it's the sender, not the gauge and NOT poor oil pressure. Need a new sender. Shift lever changed over for a good one, steering wheel nut not even finger tight!! What the hell had they had that off for? Looking for somewhere to hide bananas I shouldn't wonder.

Reconnected alarm which works. Wire had been shoved under the carpet. Replaced 3 window rubbers but rear nearside window doesn't move at all so looks like a motor replacement on the cards. Now where might I find one of those... Oh yes. In my bulging spares box.

T belt lamp holder missing? WTF. Replaced, goes out on starting. Good. P light and D light still not working despite checking the lamps in the dash. Hmm, might be switch on shift lever. I'll swap it at the weekend.

So all in all a very successful evening.

Chris :p :p

Oh and glued the magnets back in the wiper motor. Running sweeet now.

Back