Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Some help if possible, holiday!!

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Right, I have a holiday booked and First Choice have changed the time of the flights. Meaning that it is not possible to go.

The problem is that if we want a refund it is going to cost us 30%. If they find us another holiday then the one they have found is £200 more.

Now I can understand that if I want to change the holiday then I would have to pay, but why should I have to pay when they want to change it?

Is there a way I can get out of the chargers or a way to get a full refund. I have paid via a credit card, so is there a way I can get a refund from the credit card if I need to?

Paul

Paul, when you booked your holiday with First Choise you both effectively entered a contract. They have now changed the contract to one that does not suit your time frame.

Unless the small print says they can do this without consulting you, I would be demanding a refund, if they fail to do this then your credit card company should do so.

Bat21 said:
Paul, when you booked your holiday with First Choise you both effectively entered a contract. They have now changed the contract to one that does not suit your time frame.

Unless the small print says they can do this without consulting you, I would be demanding a refund, if they fail to do this then your credit card company should do so.

Well they say they can do it, so credit company it will have to be. I would not mind changeing the holiday at no cost to me. It is the fact they want to charge for for them changing it!!

Is the £200 a charge for changing, or is it a change to a holiday costing £200 more?

Are the flight changes for a flight on same day?

There is a danger in going back to the credit card company - if the company are allowed to change details (it will be in the small print somewhere) then the credit card company can refuse your claim - I would speak to the credit card company before missing the flight!

Pete

If that fails - hit the press. If FC believe they'll look bad to the public they'll quickly change their minds...

The £200 is the extra cost of another holiday, as we got a good deal on the first one. I will be speaking to the CC company tomorrow before trying to claim. The flights back (as I do not mind the times going) mean we will be without a hotel room for about 13 hours!! We can not book a late check room till we get there and it does not mean that we will get one. Yes it is in there that they have to tell you of any changes, but not that you have to agree to them. Also we were not told of this before hand. If it was classed as a major change, then we would be able to get a full refund.

Press are going to know of this going to know what ever happens.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back