Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Some pics from the lakes this weekend

You might catch a side step and bend it and also you'll get some pin stripes :)

I love The Lakes. Last time I ventured there was with the wife and her mother in our (now departed) Range Rover, when we went to Buttermere. That was a day I'll NEVER forget. The ladies screamed ALL THE WAY HOME!

Jon. These are stunning pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

John

Gav Peter said:
Jon mapped out the route for the weekend but I'm sure he wouldn't mind it being shared Jim. I can retrack the route & note some refs down for you tonight :thumbup: Who are you heading up with?

Gav, thanks a bunch dude, mind if I call up tonight? Going solo but the beauty of rocky lanes is you can't really get stuck (my god, I hope those words don't come back to haunt me :lol: ). Main reason for the trip is visiting family but we thought we'd spend Saturday seeing the sights ;)

Jim.

nice photos - thanks for sharing.
heading down to near Kirby Stephen for a stag weekend in April, not sure i will have time to check any lanes though...

done a lot of mountain biking on the lakes lanes and bridleways, great views, trails and pubs!.

memorable bike rides include going up onto High-Street

and also a circuit round great gable, taking in Black Sail pass, now that was a technical bike descent!

Jimbo4x4 said:
Gav, thanks a bunch dude, mind if I call up tonight? Going solo but the beauty of rocky lanes is you can't really get stuck (my god, I hope those words don't come back to haunt me :lol: ). Main reason for the trip is visiting family but we thought we'd spend Saturday seeing the sights ;)

Jim.
Yeah, thats fine bud - I have to do the brownie run so is after 7 okay for you?

Not looking forward to my phone call on Saturday to come & bail you out though... :p :lol:

:cool:

Jon, what do you think of your new(?) Coopers did you go 315 75 16 or are they on 18" rims?
Looks like you had a nice day out, great pics

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you do Breasthigh Road on the weekend?

as that lane looks very close to where i will be staying in April

nice vids - that gate section so tight!

good 3 wheel balancing too

Well now I know two extra things about Jon. (Three, if you want to be picky)

1. What he looks like.
2. That he can past a elephant through a eye of an needle And......

3. That he is stark raving MAD.

That video makes for my dirty viewing. Where's the tissue?

PS: Jon, I've got to ask but what is that bump on your bonnet? And I'm NOT talking about your head (LOL)!

John

The Dark Dude.

Julian said:
Jon, what do you think of your new(?) Coopers did you go 315 75 16 or are they on 18" rims?
Looks like you had a nice day out, great pics
I've only used them (315x75x16) on hard surfaces so far so it's much too early to say what I'll think of them overall but so far so good. They're ok to drive on but it's no surprise that they're louder, harsher and not as sticky on road as the Toyo AT's but they're sticky enough on the rocky stuff we drove in the lakes as a test and they are really for when I think it will be muddy. It will be interesting when I swap the Toyos back on for a comparison in the other direction.

Dark Dude said:
PS: Jon, I've got to ask but what is that bump on your bonnet? And I'm NOT talking about your head (LOL)!
It's for cooling, vented towards the windscreen, currently open but will have a fan under it soon. Not normaly needed but if the radiator has got clogged up with mud during a trip cooling can be a problem.

Thanks for the info. Man, do you think of EVERYTHING. That vent really does give your beast that bad boy. go faster macho look. Very cool!

John

The Dark Dude.

Really nice pics and especially the vids give an idea of your trip....thanks for sharing. Hopefully you are encouraged to share some more :)

Lars (who is eager to go on a trip soon....)

Great pics lads.

Damage around the lanes we did was fine. As gav said the truck i went in was near enough lowered and i had no probs anywhere.

As mentioned i had auto box pack up on me. Did last few lanes with only low and second gear.No reverse or drive at all.

Driving home was fun,sat on the motorway in second gear all the way. At the services i notice transmission fluid dripping,got some oil and topped up and carried on. When i got to the a50 i had another look it was leaking bad out of the bell housing so i took a top off and packed it ontop of the antiroll bar so it would soak into the jumper filled fluid and made it home.

Great weekend and yet another bust truck. Why is it always me :cry:

Garry can you upload the vid of me for me to have a look. thanks :thumbup:

Hi garry. Dont worry mate just started watching then on the tube. There great :thumbup:

Back