Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Gary, Gav, Karl and myself went to the lakes for a weekends laning

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1862.JPG

A bit tight here and the people who live here have been having problems with people wrecking their property. The lady came out to watch us and note registrations but seemed much happier after a quick chat and being assured we were being careful.

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

Round the rock, takes a shunt to get round
IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

Unless you have a winch thong bumper in which case it's round in one
IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG

Up the steep bit with some rocks
IMG_1885.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

They do like their narrow gateways in the lakes
IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1898.JPG

Top tip - dead wood from here is very smokey!
IMG_1901.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1903.JPG

Gav kept hearing things tinkling
IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1920.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

Gav and Karl are introduced to the quarry
IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

and find new tunnels to explore
IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1940.JPG

Narrow bridge 1
IMG_1942.JPG

Narrow bridge 2!
IMG_1943.JPG

cracking pics, love it up there and will be going again shortly

That looked like fun. The landscape around there is stunning. The trucks looked pretty impressive too :thumbup:

Experimented with some video as well :) Think Gary might have some proper ones ;)

[youtube:33kl0f39]dCMmG5I80D8[/youtube:33kl0f39]

[youtube:33kl0f39]tJaDPEPGGt4[/youtube:33kl0f39]

And the damage totalizer read.....?

We know there were some 'issues' and what was the result of Gav's tinkling? Did we lose any more side steps this trip? I take it that the air ambulance stayed on the helipad as well.

That really is one of the trips that I'd love to do. Looks a lot of fun and some great scenery too.

Chris

Well what a great time you guys had.
Some fantastic lanes, and stunning scenery.

I didn't know there was so many lanes left available in the Lake District now.

Thanks for sharing your great day out with us.

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Karl had some gearbox issues and I think Gav's tinkling turned out to be the loose end of an old CB antenna cable :lol: but looking for it he discovered he has narrow front drive flanges and needs to get some thick ones which is what the one pic shows - the dust cap on the end had been pushed off to rattle around inside the wheel hub cap.

Nice one chaps, I'm up that way myself this weekend :)

Anyone got any good start/end grid refs they can give me?

Very nice set of pics Jon, number 2 of the valley is stunning.

Great pics 'n vids Jon :cool: I'll have a look at mine but I don't think they'll add anything to the effect... Hopefully Gary will post some up as he was pretty active with his fancy new camera :mrgreen:

Great weekend out & about; splendid scenery, lanes & company & it didn't rain the 'whole' time we were there :lol:

Jon mapped out the route for the weekend but I'm sure he wouldn't mind it being shared Jim. I can retrack the route & note some refs down for you tonight :thumbup: Who are you heading up with?

TonyP said:
number 2 of the valley is stunning.
That was the drive out from the campsite on Saturday morning Tony... Unfortunately we didn't get to see much of it on the way in as it was just on the stroke of midnight when we got there... Wasn't it Jon? :p :lol:

Cheers

Nice pics, Jon

I'll post some others - with you in them - tonight, and have a go at the videos :)

Lovely pics and stunning scenery..........the trucks don't look too bad either. ;)

:cool: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :)

Nice bit of airing down on the 120 to negotiate the gulley :thumbup: What pressure did you drop to & was it a help :?:

Or is it just an overlooked flat :?: :oops: :)

We all aired down for the jaunt - for me & Karl for the first time & what a revelation!!! Jon suggested ~25psi as a start point & it worked out really well :cool:

My ProComps took a bit of filling up afterwards though... :lol:

Gav Peter said:
We all aired down for the jaunt - for me & Karl for the first time & what a revelation!!! Jon suggested ~25psi as a start point & it worked out really well
:cool: :thumbup:

I've always aired down to 24psi for laning & 18psi @ Pay & Plays to good effect, but this was with my 31" STT's on my Vitara :) I'm looking forward to having a play with airing down my 33" KM2's on Fiery to find the best pressures to run with & I have to say that 24/25psi looks good for your Coopers there :thumbup:

Nice one :thumbup: :D

Yeah, I think Jon had his Coops down at around that but I think Gary went a bit lower - Gary works in bars (leaving that one wide open for interpretation!!!) rather than psi's...

Gav Peter said:
- Gary works in bars (leaving that one wide open for interpretation!!!) rather than psi's...

Now there is a propper measurement :twisted:

:text-imsorry: :text-offtopic:

That's easy :) It's just 14.5psi to 1Bar :thumbup:

I've spent alot of my life under water with a couple of cylinders strapped to my back pumped to 230Bar (3335.86psi) you can even get 300Bar cylinders (4351.13psi) :shock: :)

Looks fantastic. Could a stock LC80 with steps do that unskathed? (driver ability excluded!)

Define 'unscathed' a bit better Martin... :lol:

I would factor in potential side step damage but Karl's 'low-rider' had already lost one sidestep & sustained no other damage that was discernable - you'd be fine :whistle:

Back