Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Some stats

Also happy to contribute! Just let me know how much before I convert my pounds into goats and bananas :whistle:

Happy to chip - and I am not fussy about the colour :)

Have you looked into IP.board or IPS, not sure what its called. Most of the Volvo forums seem to be using it and it works well apart from PMs are crap and id does not display correctly in the default browser on ICS.

Rob said:
Have you looked into IP.board or IPS, not sure what its called. Most of the Volvo forums seem to be using it and it works well apart from PMs are crap and id does not display correctly in the default browser on ICS.
IP.board is $175

vBulletin has been around for many years and is tried and tested by 1000's of users. It also has a massive support forum which is very dynamic.

You only want to be making a migration like this once...... vBulletin is THE way to go in my humble opinion ;)

I have only just picked up on this so sorry for the delay but count me in too. :thumbup:

Besides everything else - I like the Flag Counter - interesting spread!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks again for the offers, Let’s see what it ends up as and we’ll take it from there.

I think I’ll go with vBulletin as it ticks the boxes I have and it’s been recommended a few times (and Paul is a PIA at “reminding” me it should be done)

The idea I like (comments welcome) is like it is done on the drone forum where, it’s a normal forum if you want it to be and does everything that the current one does. The nice part is that it has a blog section which will sort of be like the My Garage section. You can add your write-ups, people can comment on them and it all looks like a normal forum but people can then click on your profile and see a nice list of everything you have done instead of trawling through all the posts.
It’s done like this on a number of other forums and the idea works quite well. Of course, if you still want to do it the current way, there is no reason you can’t.

I’ll get the new forum up and running first and then look at porting it over to the blog part.
Paul – I see there are a number of converters, I’ll try your suggest and see how it goes.

While we’re all at it, if there are any suggests to make things better, let’s get a list going now.

What I would appreciate is if there is someone who would help with the “arty” side of it. Perhaps sorting out the logo if it needs colour change or size changing ( or new one? ;) ). I’ve fairly useless at that side of things; grey buttons and lines of code are fine for me. Images are not :(

happy to help where and as I can. Are we going to move ISPs again CP?

Naa, I'll keep in with the same ISP on the same server. Better the devil you know ;)

The old server is still available and has plenty of bandwidth and space available now that most business traffic has moved to a bigger and better one.

More than happy to chuck what ever cash is need in
Do we need to help with hosting as well?

Thanks all but hosting is sorted. :thumbup:

How come no record of me logging on from Sudan? Too long ago?

It's only as of when I put it on.

It'll also only show the highest 12 countries.

Crispin said:
.... It'll also only show the highest 12 countries.
Showing 82 countries so far :thumbup:

Hi all,

Iv'e got a £10 with Landcruiserclub.net written on it.

Where do I send it?

AND WHERES MY FLAG !!!

Gra.

Graham said:
.... AND WHERES MY FLAG !!!
You're certainly showing up HERE

Just an idea Cris..... it's looking cluttered at the top right now, especially on the iPad. How about moving it to the footer just above the phpBB © text?

Whoopeeeee!!!

I am counted ! :thumbup: :lol:

Gra.

Bat21 said:
Graham said:
.... AND WHERES MY FLAG !!!
You're certainly showing up HERE

Just an idea Cris..... it's looking cluttered at the top right now, especially on the iPad. How about moving it to the footer just above the phpBB © text?
You right. I made it bigger while at work :shhh: on a 27inch monitor and it looked fine. Crammed now on tablet.
Will change it back or move it.

Back