Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Somerset flooding.

I know my friend is on call for Wessex over the next few days, assuming he can get his Disco sorted - 2 new front wheel bearings required!

Whatever you see on the news, it worse.

Flooding now worst its been, we have had to stop most of the routes tonight as water too deep.

I will try for photos on Saturday as I just cant do more tomorrow, knackered.

Pete

4ypysyju.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So who recovers the Land Rovers?:lol:

Seriously though, keep up the good work:thumbup:

Same lane as photo 5 above, waaaaay deeper now.
3ezyve6u.jpg

A little off topic, but while we wait for pictures :whistle:

on a recent trip to Oman, I witnessed a rainstorm in the mountains. No rain at all where I was but within a few minutes the nearby wadi was a raging torrent.

By chance, I came upon this on utoob, not my video, but a scene just like the one I witnessed.

http://youtu.be/Vt4DZvOZOBM

thats why you never camp in a wadi!!

Day off?

Its 0430, just finished a call with the weather guru, and its not good news....

48hr storm arriving Friday night. Possibility of snow on Tuesday.

Water getting to the stage where we cant get through.

I know its wrong to say, but everyone that decided to stay in their houses made the wrong decision, despite everything around them there are many sticking their head in the sand.

or maybe its me, getting grumpy cos I'm tired.

Going to bed. Wake me up when its sunny.

Hang in there mate. You are doing a great job and service to those in need.

Thanks for the photos Pete. What a mess!

Would you say that people are grateful for what you guys do, and do they appreciate that you're volunteers? I get the feeling that there would be two types, the "we'll sit here and wait for help" type and the "we'll do all we can to help ourselves with your kind assistance".

Too many people these days have attitude, expecting others to do for them and doing very little themselves.

Try to relax and have a good sleep mate! :thumbup:

You must be burning through the diesel! Do you get reimbursed for that? Good work mate!

when your on the flooded roads are you running in low range? what do you do about your center diff being locked as your wheels will be on tarmac??
stu

High range, just a touch of gas, nice and easy does it......

Did some work with a guy from Gloucester who has come to help, put under our wing.

What isn't pleasant are the dead animals in the water!

Get 45p mile, works out ok.

va3ugaze.jpg

Spent day on phone organising training on argocat for tomorrow for 11 of our guys.

Was asked to meet the Pm today, but told them I was too busy :)

Cheers all

Pete

Blimey, if you need a snork on a Mog it must be deep!

Hard to imagine, but it's getting worse. Moorland village now lost, Langport starting to flood.

If I still had the 90 I'd have volunteered to help but unfortunately I've not got a vehicle suitable.

BTW I think my boss might have tried to get in touch.

I'm surprised no one's come forward with one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSK1-QatzAY

There must still be a few around and would be ideal for the worsening situation down there. Had a ride in one (in the back) many years ago on a river in Lincolnshire.

Back