Something on this site cooks my computer :(

sim303

I am in uk
Jan 31, 2017
Hi

I've noticed that whenever I am on some pages of this site, the fan on my macbook starts going crazy (normally silent) and general performance goes down the toilet. My knees get burned and my battery life plummets, and it's generally not very relaxing :) Once I close www.landcruiserclub.net tabs, normality is restored.

I guess some javascript or something is going haywire....

sim

(MacBook Pro, MacOs Sierra, Firefox)

Shayne

Supporter
Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
Its the media gallery playlist i think , i tried and failed to find a way to turn it off when i was having connection problems because it slowed my com to a halt .

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Sim, have you opened Utilities and started Activity Monitor? You can see what's going on then. It might give you some clues as to what's dragging all the juice.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
Are there any adverts showing? (noting your other post)

Sometimes some of Google's adverts served are less than kosher and the script slows pcs...

Send me a screenshot of the page when you notice it do it and I can log a complaint with google.

C

sim303

I am in uk
Jan 31, 2017
Are there any adverts showing? (noting your other post)

Sometimes some of Google's adverts served are less than kosher and the script slows pcs...

Send me a screenshot of the page when you notice it do it and I can log a complaint with google.

C
No problem, next time it occurs I will do that. Probably will never happen again now!

Reactions: Crispin

sim303

I am in uk
Jan 31, 2017
Sim, have you opened Utilities and started Activity Monitor? You can see what's going on then. It might give you some clues as to what's dragging all the juice.
I don't think that will help - Activity Monitor shows that Firefox is burning up CPU when the problem occurs, but I don't think there's any way in ACtivity Monitor of drilling deeper to find out exactly what it is that's going on inside Firefox itself.

sim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks