Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Soon To Be Reunited.

Ecoman

Country Flag
scotland
Well after nearly 3 years it looks like I'm going to be reunited with my old 80 series GUR. Selling the LC was the biggest mistake I have ever made with a vehicle. My daughter constantly reminds me of the fact (wouldn't think she is only 6!!!) and my missus wishes I would stop complaining about every 4x4 we have had since.

I sold it to help fund sorting out my house and thankfully I sold it to a good mate Fraser. We have spoken many times over his ownership and I kept asking how my baby was doing. Fraser always said that it wasn't up for sale but if I ever wanted to have it back then we could do a deal. I finally sold my house last week so I got in touch with him and asked if I could come up and see it. Yesterday my daughter and I took a drive up to Dunoon and stopped over in a nice hotel. Fraser came and had a few beers with us and we had a heart to heart about whether he wanted to sell it or not. Turns out he really would be gutted if it went but he thinks its probably about time for a change.

The long and the short of it is, we went round to Frasers house this morning and I fell in love all over again. He gave me the keys and after a fight with the alarm it all came flooding back. I drove it down the road and it was like we had never been apart. He has done a fantastic job of looking after it and has even made a few improvements. I got back and reversed back onto his drive. I think he knew the answer before he had even asked the question, I think the grin on my face gave it away!! We struck a deal.:dance:

So now he is looking round for a replacement for the 80 and planning to get the truck into the garage to have some brake lines replaces and the swivel seals refreshed. Once he is ready to proceed I will be making my way back to pick up my baby.:icon-biggrin:

Fraser, you are a good man and you have made me one happy bloke! I cannot thank you enough.:bow-yellow:

That's quite a story! Can't imagine that would happen many times, and yes, you've got a very understanding friend there it seems!

Well done indeed!! :icon-biggrin:

Stop you're making me cry.

That's beautiful

Brilliant!

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Good stuff, welcome back man :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Congratulations.

I made a similar mistake a few years ago - fancied a change and sold my LC to a colleague/mate. Just under an year later I'd bought back the LC!

Thanks everyone. Going to be nice to get back into the LC circles again.:thumbup:

Back