Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sopping wet passenger side footwell

Butyl screen sealer from EBay Dave but don't tell Chris I told you about it ok! :)

Yeh, it could be our little secret ;)

So does this stuff resemble what I wrote about in my post, i.e. stays flexible and moves with the screen flexing?

regards

Dave

Yeh, it could be our little secret ;)

So does this stuff resemble what I wrote about in my post, i.e. stays flexible and moves with the screen flexing?

regards

Dave
Yep

It goes like black blu tak. I've got a bit of it stuck in my garage and it is still flexible. Also some covering a hole in my bonnet and it hasn't deteriorated.

Sounds like a plan, I might get a tube of that and the new OE rubber and go and see Jose. I could do it myself but my screen has some minor damage, and I have absolutely no doubt my insurance company is going to pay for a new one anyway.

Many thanks.

regards

Dave

Thanks for that. I like the write up mentioning older vehicles, and that the screen is not bonded in place. I have no doubt I could get something similar here, but the problem is that there is always the assumption that new style is better.

I spent ages trying to convince a Toyota dealer that GL5 gear oil is NOT what I want in my 20+ year old gearbox. His answer was: "it has a higher number and states it replaces GL4, so it must be better".

So I will wait until Spain opens again in September and have a look around, it is pointless finding something in a catalogue that will take a month to get here. Plus it will mean having to go to town which is mobbed with tourists at the moment.

I can also get a family member to bring it over if the postage cost is too high.

Thanks again,

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back