Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SOS from Ben in Australia, message reads....

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
.......SOS! Would u be able to post something on the forum for me please? We're on our way on the trip n Michaels 80 Wont go into reverse. Can get every other gear easily but no reverse. Box was recently rebuilt n it isn't noisy or vibrating n nothing has gone bang. Hoping if night be something simple. I've txt tony s asking the same. Thanks

If it's auto it could be the reverse control valve sticking. Check the wiring and plugs

I've left a post in response to Tony's, I've asked some mates on another forum...

I've texted Ben your thoughts so far :thumbup:

Duplication shouldn't be a bad thing so long as Ben get an answer :)

I'm just off up to Birmingham to pick up my front axle so shall not be in a position to let him know whats said very soon. No worries though as he's in a convoy of a number of vehicles on way to camp site with an eta of midnight. If hes still +10Hrs that means he's 4Hrs away from being able to do anything with any info. If I've not got confused about our clocks going forward or is it back :think: :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Turns out the truck that they are in is a Manual :icon-rolleyes: :doh: :icon-smile:

Does the stick go into position for reverse but no drive, or does it refuse to go into reverse position? Either is probably gearbox out to fix but knowing one or the other narrows down the possibilities.

Could it be that nylon bush around base of gear lever disintegrating and jamming something - i recall reading about it somewhere?

Last edited:
Back