Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

speed

24carrot

Hi all just curious what speed people drive there cruiser at and at what RPM [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty much at around the speed limit, it seems about right for a Cruiser except on narrow country lanes where severe caution is shown.

As above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well ok only on the odd occasion but, in general the max speed here is ANADI 75 MPH. Car cruises as smooth as silk and will sit there all day long, but my preferred speed is 100 KPH around 60 MPH, this is on the coast bypasses I use most of the time.

regards

Dave

chugging round 70-90 kph on main and back roads with 100-110 on motorways. This will drop now we will be hauling the trailer around.

120 kph on motorway when DD, 100-110 kph fully loaded with RTT.
0,6 bar boost at both speeds. tacho still needs to be fixed, advice welcome.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
chugging round 70-90 kph on main and back roads with 100-110 on motorways. This will drop now we will be hauling the trailer around.

Much the same a Steve, in my HZJ 80.

The National speed limit on non-motorway roads is 90 or 100 kph depending on which road it is and limits in the villages are either 70 kph (usually) or in some cases 50 kph.

My truck cruises most comfortably at 110 - 120 kph and the max I've had is 135 kph which is about 3,200 RPM IIRC.

It simply will not pull more revs than 3,200 in 5th, probably due to all the add-on weight of accessories, the 33" 305 tyres, drag factor of the roof rack, age of the truck (21 years and 380k km), maybe even due to the age of the driver (63 years this year) :lol:

I could blame components, such as a worn IP or loss of compression, but I don't think there's much wrong with the truck TBH. :?

Edit: Oh don't forget it's a bit asthmatic as well, with no turbo....

Last edited:
I try to to keep to 75mph (120kph) on motorways but will subconsciously creep up to around 90mph (144kph) if there is little traffic about to make me aware of my speed . Modified KZJ90 .

I should add this all happens under 2700rpm though she will rev past 3500 if asked .

Last edited:
100 to 120 km/h depending on weight and conditions.. Car seems to feel right at this speed.

Usually around 65 to 70 mph which is about 2250 to 2500 rpm. Will pull past 100mph but the fuel tanker can't keep up :lol:

Tend to cruise at 60-65mph on the motorway due to the fuel bill....momentary lapses or being in a rush it will happily keep up in the outside lane but doesn't help my wallet at the pump. I find once you're running over 2k rpm continuously that's when it starts to get thirsty.

For me it's 60 to 65 too. It just feels fine at that speed. It's not because I am a slow driver. I'm not Mon to Fri but in my 80 on 35's up on a big lift, 65 feels fast actually. Usually the lower you go the faster it feels, but it's a relaxing speed in this vehicle. The green unmodified one will cruise comfortably well in excess of the limit (I'd imagine, cough) and so will the daily SUV. But the big 80, it's just fine. 5 mph more means 5 more miles in an hour, or 5 mins. You race ahead then stop in traffic and I pull up behind you. It's hare and toytoyse stuff.

Usually around 75 maybe 80 occasionally, solo on the motorway. Have done similar with the caravan in the past until I had a tyre let go on the M74 one year. Strange thing was I didn't notice until someone overtook me flashing his lights and waving his arms around! I tend to think it must've been a puncture which went down relatively slowly rather than a sudden blowout. Whatever, I considered myself VERY lucky so it's 60 all the way these days, maybe 65 to make an overtake.

Tyre Blow.jpg

Yep 100kph on tar for me as a general rule. Slower of course off it.

Vmax with my tyres and gearing... and fully laden, is only about 120kph anyway. Fuel burn is alarming over 110kph for little gain.

Hi all well I started this just out of curiosity as I had just driven from Wales to hastings and back . At about 20000 25000 RPM and about 60 to 65 MPH so nice to hear we all think this is about the best way to drive our 80s

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

So you drive at about 600 mph...:shock:. Thats presuming your in 5th at 20000 rpm:icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Cruising speed is normally 80mph, i just hate playing with the lorrys at 60/65.

Have done similar with the caravan in the past until I had a tyre let go on the M74 one year. Strange thing was I didn't notice until someone overtook me flashing his lights and waving his arms around!
View attachment 24645

Slightly off topic, I was using Range Rover to tow my Jaguar to Santa Pod raceway, had a tyre blow on the four wheel trailer, again using a decent 4x4 I hardly noticed and put the movement down to the strong side winds, messed up the Jag paint along the door pretty good but, heavy 4x4's make great 'tuggers' at speed.

regards

Dave

Back