Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Speedeing ticket

joinerman

Garage
No not me, a mate got done last night at 10.30pm by a copper sat in someones drive aiming a handheld gun from the side window, i thought they couldn't do that at night.
Or am i wrong ?

yes they can do the speed trap at night

but they would need permission to be on private property

It can be done at night but it's not best practise from inside the car due possible interference with the lazer device from the cars radio set. He should also not have his personal radio and mobile phone near it as well.
But I guess if he was speeding then he was speeding, unless he honestly believes he wasn't then it maybe worth questioning due to the device reading being possibly incorrect. However the lazer devices used these days self check and if there is anything wrong they won't work.

Thanks, he was speeding but for a good reason, he sped up to get to a pull in for an ambulance on an emergency call to pass safely, plod radioed ahead to another car who tugged him & ticketed him.

Thanks, he was speeding but for a good reason, he sped up to get to a pull in for an ambulance on an emergency call to pass safely, plod radioed ahead to another car who tugged him & ticketed him.
If that is genuine then tell 'your mate' to take it to court.

Unless he was doing stupidMPH then the copper who pulled him needs a talking to as well.

This is assuming 'your mate' is a fine upstanding member of the community and not some spotty chav oik who wears a baseball cap back to front.... if that's the case then he needs to be nicked even if he wasn't speeding :D

It's genuine, he's a chap i do work for, a 58 year old business man, he's not going to take it lying down.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A friend of mine was passing a car doing 30 in a 40. Just as he was passing him a vehicle started to approach him from a distance. His options were to either brake and return back behind the car or, accelerate and get in front of it. Unfortunately the gap behind had been closed by the next following car, so he decided a quick squirt of the throttle and pull back in front was the safer option.

While carrying out the overtake he ended up going over the speed limit and received an NIP. He took his case to court and explained what had happened, after considering the circumstances the magistrate decided not to uphold the intended prosecution and he was let off the case.

It sounds like your friend has a genuine reason for the temporary increase in speed so he needs to appeal against this one.

Crikey BAT I did not think the magistrates had any leeway.

I was at a red light the other day and an ambulance came up behind me with the siren on but I did not risk crossing it. It's OK to help until something goes wrong. They did turn the siren off though.

Of course they do , when the consequences of not breaking the law outweigh the risk involved in abiding by it you will not be convicted . The law works for the greater good its just a shame the police don't .

Helen has just described a situation that happened to her about 3 months ago almost identical to yours Frank , in her case it was traffic lights with cameras and a fire engine , the car that should have moved wouldn't so Helen ran the light to let them through , she was flashed as was the fire engine and she has heard nothing since .

There must be a a few intelligent people watching the cameras law of averages and all that .

Last edited:
Bit of a sweeping statement that one don't you think?

Not really i don't think , police work for wages and it might not even be their fault that they are forbidden to apply a little common sense every now and then , i'm sure the vast majority of them would prefer to be on the side of whats right and proper all the time but rules is rules .

Not really i don't think , police work for wages and it might not even be their fault that they are forbidden to apply a little common sense every now and then , i'm sure the vast majority of them would prefer to be on the side of whats right and proper all the time but rules is rules .

You do get some good coppers now and again, I was out for a blast round the Surrey lanes on my Honda VFR750 that I had been without for 5 months while it was being repaired from a crash and coming back down the A3 I was stopped for speeding and was asked the usual question "Do you know how fast you were going sir?" to which I said not really :oops:.
He took me to the patrol car and showed me the video of me doing 110mph he said "You know what that means don't you? I said yes a ban, so he then said "Well we could see you were riding sensibly so we followed you for longer than the required distance, 1/8 of a mile, to get your average below 100mph, so it was a fine and three points instead of a ban.
I said thank you very much officer. So they do bend the rules sometimes.

Last edited:
Back