Spell Checking

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Astonishing that Microsoft can fit one to their software as standard - why can't these forum software packages contain one...

Just looking at a few posts from me recently & the spelling is actre... Atrico... Artrat... Not very good... :-(

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
It seams their is a nise frea optoin out there. Ill have a stba ta it tonite and sea how wl it woks. ;)

Ecky Thump

Garage
Guys

I'm running Internet Explorer 8 and I have a spell checker in the top bar. Don't know if this is normal but it is useful.
It's in the Google toolbar so I guess I must have got it with that.

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Yup, any browser with a google tool bar will have a spell checker with it. I use Chrome or Firefox and they both have it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rob

Garage
in chrome you don't even need a toolbar to spell check, it just underlines when you type

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Which makes you wonder why none of these forum tools seem to have it as standard...

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Mostly because they rely on the browser-based tools to do it for them - why reinvent the wheel - umm - dictionary?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
europe
Well I dunno if it is because I am a Mac user and on Firefox, but it doesn't matter what I am typing in, a forum, block, Word doc, e-bay question etc, I get spell check on everything as I thype. Oh yes, look thype - ther yuo goo!

Chris

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
I tried chrome, doesn't reset the unread posts graphic on here. Read a thread, come out, still shows unread :roll:

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
If you really want somethingthat work, then IEspell :)

Or just be like me, don't care, as I can not spell anyway as I am dyslexic.

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
I don't care about my spelling I already know Jessica (10) can spell better than what I can, I just thought I'd try one of these super dooper alternative browsers AGAIN seeing this thread and quickly came to the same conclusion as previous goes :lol:

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Gavlad said:
Astonishing that Microsoft can fit one to their software as standard - why can't these forum software packages contain one...

Just looking at a few posts from me recently & the spelling is actre... Atrico... Artrat... Not very good... :-(

Well, it would appear that the add-in I found was for an older version of the board. Until there is something that works (without much hassle) on this version, you'll have to learn how to slep ;)

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Thanks for looking Crispin, you'll all just have to continue to put up with my bad spellign :lol: