Spell Checking

Gav Peter

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
The Wirral, NW Ingerland
Astonishing that Microsoft can fit one to their software as standard - why can't these forum software packages contain one...

Just looking at a few posts from me recently & the spelling is actre... Atrico... Artrat... Not very good... :-(

Ecky Thump

Mar 4, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Garage
Guys

I'm running Internet Explorer 8 and I have a spell checker in the top bar. Don't know if this is normal but it is useful.
It's in the Google toolbar so I guess I must have got it with that.

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
Yup, any browser with a google tool bar will have a spell checker with it. I use Chrome or Firefox and they both have it.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
in chrome you don't even need a toolbar to spell check, it just underlines when you type

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
Mostly because they rely on the browser-based tools to do it for them - why reinvent the wheel - umm - dictionary?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Well I dunno if it is because I am a Mac user and on Firefox, but it doesn't matter what I am typing in, a forum, block, Word doc, e-bay question etc, I get spell check on everything as I thype. Oh yes, look thype - ther yuo goo!

Chris

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
I am in england
Feb 24, 2010
Stourbridge, West Midlands, England
Garage
I don't care about my spelling I already know Jessica (10) can spell better than what I can, I just thought I'd try one of these super dooper alternative browsers AGAIN seeing this thread and quickly came to the same conclusion as previous goes :lol:

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
Gavlad said:
Astonishing that Microsoft can fit one to their software as standard - why can't these forum software packages contain one...

Just looking at a few posts from me recently & the spelling is actre... Atrico... Artrat... Not very good... :-(
Well, it would appear that the add-in I found was for an older version of the board. Until there is something that works (without much hassle) on this version, you'll have to learn how to slep ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks