Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spring Spacers

Geordie Paul

Garage
Hi All,

After fitting the Ironman SL i was still having issues with the front tyres catching when offroad. They were only just catching when i had the wheel turned slightly going over large bumps. I took some advice of a few people about spring spacers and decided on a 10mm spacer for the front coils. Paul at West Coast said it would be fine but i could go up no further as this would put stress on the CVs. I only really needed an extra 1" of lift.

The spacers were £12 delivered and were really easy to fit. After fitting the truck went up about 20mm (front before 94cm to the wheel arch, after 96.cm, Rear is 97cm)

Tyres no longer catch so i am pretty pleased.

The spacer is just like a big washer that fits over the shocker to lift the spring seat up 10mm

SuspensionSpacerLarge.jpg

How come a 10mm spacer lifted the front by 20mm :confusion-confused:

I am sure some one can explain better than me, but it is somthing to do with pushing the wishbone down and the spring up so it doubles the lift.....I think :think:

I like it :mrgreen: What a clever thing :) It's a shame that the rear is not so easy to lift with spacers :(

They are Ironman spacers meant to lift the front end after you have fitted a winch. I would not go any higher. Truck sits fine now and the tyres don't catch.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
Because the spacer is increasing the distance at roughly the middle of the lower arm by 10mm, the arm travels in an arc and the end where the wheel is further out so moves further.

Jon Wildsmith said:
Cossack said:
Because the spacer is increasing the distance at roughly the middle of the lower arm by 10mm, the arm travels in an arc and the end where the wheel is further out so moves further.
Thank you Jon, now I understand :thumbup:

Back