Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stage 1: Buy a truck - check

fridayman

Garage
Well I finally went to pick up my 90 this morning. The pictures flatter it a little bit (there are a few scratches and the sides steps are bent) but driving it home has made getting rid of the old car much easier :)

SDC10047.jpg

SDC10048.jpg

Now let the modding commence...

Attachments

• SDC10047.jpg
    SDC10047.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 119
  • SDC10048.jpg
    SDC10048.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 200
Congrats! Hopefully Fred, the previous owner, fixed the problems he was talking about. Mr-T was going to charge a fortune to fix them. :o

Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

( ;) Fine looking truck and I have no idea who Fred is :lol: )

Very nice indeed....... :clap: Slippery slopes mods are! :sad-roulette: :teasing-tease:

Looks like your gates need a bit of paint :roll: :lol: Nice truck by the way.

andyw said:
Looks like your gates need a bit of paint :roll: :lol: Nice truck by the way.

I got made redundant about a month ago and now I am a full-time DIYer. The gate is number 3718 on my to-do list :)

Hi Friday ( name ? )
I hope you know that the black looks fabulous, but I hope you like cleaning and polishing.

I really do like black, but washing and polishing will take your time.

Well done, looks a good purchase

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm sure you won't even notice the dirt once it is covered in mud.

Fridayman aka Et

fridayman said:
I'm sure you won't even notice the dirt once it is covered in mud.

Fridayman aka Et

Does that mean you have a long finger and keep phoning home :lol:

Nice Landcruiser

Joe

Nice truck Et

I take it you will be joining us on Salisbury Plain in the near future then.
The tyres will make it if it isn't toooooo muddy

Ecky Thump said:
Nice truck Et

I take it you will be joining us on Salisbury Plain in the near future then.
The tyres will make it if it isn't toooooo muddy

If you reckon those hoops are upto it, I'm in. I don't have any gear yet though. I'm still putting together a list of essential recovery kit.

fridayman said:
If you reckon those hoops are upto it, I'm in. I don't have any gear yet though. I'm still putting together a list of essential recovery kit.

We've had various trucks on the plain in standard form. Does get trickier the wetter it is and some have suffered punctures.
You have to take the bit between the teeth and just go for it. Most of us carry at least a recovery strop so don't worry if you haven't got owt.
Main thing is the CB or you will never know what is going on.

Ecky Thump said:
fridayman said:

We've had various trucks on the plain in standard form. Does get trickier the wetter it is and some have suffered punctures.
You have to take the bit between the teeth and just go for it. Most of us carry at least a recovery strop so don't worry if you haven't got owt.
Main thing is the CB or you will never know what is going on.

Second that. First time I went to the Plain I had standard tyres and a CB. No recovery gear etc. I did get stuck, but as I was with a group someine kindly pulled me out.

All you need is the can do attitude, and make sure you go with a group of expierenced, helpfull and friendly folk..... oh that will be this lot then :clap:

Is there anything in particular that I should look for in a CB?

Someone with better knoweldge will come along in a minute with something more technical, but I went to a local CB/radio dealer and got a radio, aerial and mount for around £100. Seems to work fine.... There is a post on here about radios etc.

Not too good on the CB advice and there are others on here with far more knowlege.

I got a multiband one that I can use all over Europe but others just get the 40 channel UK variety.
Expect to pay 40 to 140 depending on what you want.
Some use mag mounts for the ariel, some use gutter mounts and if you are brave like me you can drill the roof for a mount.

Whatever way you look at it, trees and ariels don't mix too well so you need something fairly robust.

Suppliers and fitters seem a bit thin on the ground in the South East unless you are happy to do your own.

Hopefully one of the gurus will be along soon to point you in the right direction.

Mine used to look exactly the same as that, then the Mods started to come......and now? well still looks good. But like some have said the 90s do look realy good in black and yours looks like another perfect example.

Hope you have loads of fun your new truck.

Steve

Back