Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steaming up when raining…

LR never had problems with their electrics so might be ok…..

Wasn’t aware of that, but if they are then there’s an argument against changing

Wasn’t aware of that, but if they are then there’s an argument against changing

Might be the XC60 actually, it was at least one of the XC's I think!

I think the XC90 will be more car like, more like my old Mercedes ML. Totally different experience to driving something 'trucky' like a LC!

To be honest I would prefer a newer LC But the cost is prohibitive at the minute - 2014 LC is similar to a 2017 XC90. I came out of an Audi Q5 to this so it would be going back to what I had……to be decided still.

I‘ve been to the garage about the air conditioning this morning. The gas is still full, so looks like the leaks have been sorted, but what he did find was the compressor made a whir/grinding sound when the AC was turned on, so looks like that needs repairing/replacing. Does anyone know if that is a big (expensive) job to replace, as I’m over £700 in for the AC system, so reluctant to put too much more in. My mechanic said wait to find out, but want to hear other people’s opinions

thanks

Worth asking in the other forum Paul to see if you can get TonyC's opinion as well

Thanks - Which forum is best?

No. It was working after getting the radiator and pipes replaced, then the compressor looks to have failed. I guess this was through lack of use and then the moving parts have seized/failed, As I know when I bought it the owner said the AC wasn’t working and it didn’t bother him so no idea of how long the compressor hasn’t been working for.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Might be worth a read of this if you haven't already seen it.

Nothing involving air con seems particularly cheap!

Hadn’t seen it, but just read…..looks like the air con will end up costing as much as the car! Thanks for that….

Back