Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

steering wheel

Gary Mead

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
My steering wheel has gone sticky/damp and is peeling of on my hands(that doesnt come off to easily).anybody seen the same problem?..I realise its probably due to age and wear/tear.can i clean it up or replace??

cheers gary

I put a wheelskinz retrim on mine. Looks good as the original.
I'll find the link later.

IMG00059-20110109-1312.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00059-20110109-1312.jpg
    IMG00059-20110109-1312.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 54
Thats a very different steering wheel to the one on Muxley Paul - it looks more like the one on me Colorado.

It's an age thing, Gav ;) '95-on had the airbag in the 'wheel, hence different style.
In any case, we're talking about replacing/adding leather to the outer ring of the 'wheel, which shouldn't be any different :?:
:mrgreen:

I figured it'd be something like that AP. I suspect the covers would be two different sizes though - IIRC the Colorado wheel is much 'thicker' than Muxley's.

I tried one of the halfords covers once but couldn't get it to fit - it went back...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IIRC Wheelskins give the option of ->'94 or '95-> when ordering. They also offer a lot of options in terms of colours, two-tone etc.

Cool - hey Gary, let me know if you're ordering one - the next group buy?? :shock:

Did you just say my 80 looks like a colorado!

;)

Gary Mead said:
My steering wheel has gone sticky/damp and is peeling of on my hands(that doesnt come off to easily).anybody seen the same problem?..I realise its probably due to age and wear/tear.can i clean it up or replace??

cheers gary
Mine does that too Gary, especially if the inside of the car is damp :cry:
Think I need a cover too.

Back