Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brecht

Country Flag
belgium
Just done a roadbook in belgium yesterday, I really felt how stiff it was with every little pothole in the dirtroads, is this normal?

My friend in his patrol y61 drove over the dirtroads over 50kmh, and I was driver as slow in seconds around 20 25kmh and still it was such a harsh ride....

Is it the case with every 90 series? My rear shocks were replaced by the previous owner but they feel as stiff as the front...

And a lift kit just makes the suspension stiffer i've read?

It's subjective I guess but I don't think they are meant to be that stiff. But a lot of 90s will have had shocks replaced by now.

Original as far as i'm aware. I'm sure I don't have a lift on my car

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Haven't a clue then , maybe he fitted uprated springs

What shocks do you use? I guess your 90 drives pretty smooth over potholes

I fitted a peddars 2" lift to my 90 and the ride was very firm , too firm according to passengers .

The mrs 90 got a lift from roughtrax which i think at the time was monroe shocks and suplex springs . I'm not sure if suplex is even a brand but thats what i remember , and the ride in her truck has never been commented on so i suppose thats as good as it gets .

I have it on my 80 , up and over weight rated because the steel bumpers i intended to fit got postponed . Doesn't matter though its still a very comfortable ride .

I have Ome on my 90, 2”lift. Great shocks and springs. I have a petrol but went for a diesel model springs as I have a winch treat and a bigger battery. I went +150kg on rears and you feel it when empty but as soon as there is a bit of load they are perfect. Stiff and dampened enough to avoid excessive body roll on road and comfortable and absorbing off road.
Regarding the potholes think that they can act like corrugations, ie you need to find the right speed, sometimes slow makes you bounce from one to the next and faster makes you skim over. Depends on the harmonic behaviour of the suspensions.
Drmropping a bit of tire pressure will also help a lot with ride comfort, to say 20-25 psi

Back