Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stuggling with EU breakdown cover for 20 year old Cruiser

A strange quirk in the insurance market is they have offer to renew your policy on the same main terms as the expiring period. As I've been with M+S for years they are now stuck with me having to include breakdown cover on my 22 year old 80. If I came to them new they would not even quote. £285 all in.

A strange quirk in the insurance market is they have offer to renew your policy on the same main terms as the expiring period. As I've been with M+S for years they are now stuck with me having to include breakdown cover on my 22 year old 80. If I came to them new they would not even quote. £285 all in.
Is that all companies Frank or just yours?

I seem to remember ADAC get you Home or to your destination, repatriate the vehicle and there is some sort of medical cover included.

It happened to my relief with my professional indemnity insurance. There were so many crooked property valuers that newly qualified ones could not get insurance. My broker explained that under some code or other I was ensured of renewal.

Been with ADAC for 8 x years, never had to use their service though, suppose that's one of the benefits of driving a Toyota....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks chaps mostly very helpful
I'd seen the footman deal
Was going to give them a call as well as adac

Can't complain for that, a bargain compared to everyone else.

I mailed then got this reply.

Dear fabulous hunk of British manhood, (Ok I made that bit up)

you can call our hotline. There are english speaking people, too

0049 - 221 47 27 47 Monday to Saturday from 08.00 - 20.00

Kind regards,

Gabi Tylla
Backoffice/Telefonservice

I rang, spoke to the switchboard who put me through to Manfred Weiss.The have an on-line page but you can only join through the website with a German address. They can't handle UK postcodes.

:text-+1: ADAC, just call Adnan, phone number 00 49 40 23919302. Just don't do it from a mobile. All as Shayne said. Plus they give you loads of maps if you tell them you're going on a trip. All in German of course but useful all the same.
Been trying to contact Adnan for two days now but no reply to phone.

Been trying to contact Adnan for two days now but no reply to phone.

Update,
After trying the number that Chris J gave I got to speak to a very helpful young lady who has sorted everything for me, well ADAC membership anyway so I now am an honorary German

Richard, do actually speak all these languages or are you googling? I have trouble with English...

I learnt a bit of French in school, a bit less German and have a language app for learning Romanian on my phone. I try and learn a few words but I'll probably speak a sentence with at least three languages in it by accident.

I learnt a bit of French in school, a bit less German and have a language app for learning Romanian on my phone. I try and learn a few words but I'll probably speak a sentence with at least three languages in it by accident.
I can speak two languages, English and rubbish

Pot vorbi două limbi, engleză și gunoi :laughing-rolling:

I can speak two languages, English and rubbish

Pot vorbi două limbi, engleză și gunoi :laughing-rolling:

Google did very well there Chas, Aura's still laughing at the translation, it's spot-on verbatim!

Back