Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Summer Pub Cruiser Chillout 24 - 26 July

Any updates on if this is still likely to happen or are we waiting on government advice?
be great if it can happen

Funny you should mention that Andy. We were chatting about it only this evening.

@Andy the Landlord has his hands tied by Government directives, I note that the Caravan Club are doing a phased opening of their sites from July 4th and hopefully this would apply to our gathering. I am going to have a chat over the weekend and see if I can get a better idea. I'll post back soon.

Thats what I thought Trevor, and if its too much aggro for the landlord (and you!) to deal with us lot turning up (if allowed by the authorities, with whatever rulings there may be), I would fully understand.

would be nice to support a pub that really needs customers asap
they've been hit harder than most...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A brief update, this gathering will hinge on when the Government allows staying away overnight which covers Hotels and caravan parks. Phil (the Landlord) has said regardless of whether the pub is allowed to open or not, if the overnight restriction is lifted then we are more than welcome.

In the scenario that the pub isn't open but we can stay then I think we should have a whip round and bung him a bit of dosh, ultimately we need to see what the Government announces over the next week or so but we are welcome if the rules allow.

Thats great news Trev, looking on various websites I think its quite likley that the gov will lift the overnight restriction, thats if there isnt a second spike.

If we can go & the pub is open or not, personally I think a whip round would still be a good idea

Totally agree, I’ve got nothing against popping him a few quid even if the pubs shut, end of the day it’s his land and he’s been good enough to allow us to stay on it.

1) Trevor
2) nick
3) Andy and Maria
4) Chas
5) David
6) Jacob, Emma & Raf
7) Chris and who knows ....
8) Tony l... Toyota
9) Jon
10) Reinhard
11) Steve

1) Trevor
2) nick
3) Andy and Maria
4) Chas
5) David
6) Jacob, Emma & Raf
8) Tony l... Toyota
9) Jon
10) Reinhard
11) Steve
12) Andy

please add me to this one, I think alf will come too, all on board for supporting the pub whether he is open or not, just be nice to hook up again!
1) Trevor
2) nick
3) Andy and Maria
4) Chas
5) David
6) Jacob, Emma & Raf
8) Tony l... Toyota
9) Jon
10) Reinhard
11) Steve
12) Andy
13) JonFJ + Alfie

1) Trevor
2) nick
3) Andy and Maria
4) Chas
5) David
6) Jacob, Emma & Raf
8) Tony l... Toyota
9) Jon
10) Reinhard
11) Steve
12) Andy
13) JonFJ + Alfie
14) KB

Frankly I'd park in a lay by and party at the minute. I'm going cold turkey on camping and travel.

1) Trevor
2) nick
3) Andy and Maria
4) Chas
5) David
6) Jacob, Emma & Raf
8) Tony l... Toyota
9) Jon
10) Reinhard
11) Steve
12) Andy
13) JonFJ + Alfie
14) KB
15) sam

Frankly I'd park in a lay by and party at the minute. I'm going cold turkey on camping and travel.

I know exact what you mean, but with the system caving in - the bubble is just going insane. In 4 weeks time, I am not sure what if any isolation options will exist.

Only a couple of beers ? not interested.I if was in the UK this would be nailed on for me but a 3000 + KM round trip and of course the Covid situation make it impossible. Sitting round the campfire , eating & drinking in good company , telling tall tales of impossible deeds is one of my favourite things to do.Hope it goes ahead.

Back