Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suspension problems

kamaal

Hi, I've got Landcruiser Amazon 100. The active air suspension is busted, is it possible to convert it to coil springs, and where can i get them from?
Regards

Absolutely. You could try and order a set of the non-air springs and torsion bars from Toyota, but the popular choice seems to be OME springs and torsion bars. Probably worth changing the shocks too - a matching set from OME or there are other options (I have Fox remote res units).

Suppliers - try Devon 4x4, TBR, Wrex or Mudsport.

Do you know what's wrong with you current set up? Or symptoms? Can you still use the car?

Keep us informed on how you get on with the conversion, it will be interesting to hear what the ride is like ?

It's easy, takes about a day to do, mostly getting the ahc stuff off is the hardest part. I used heavy duty 80 series rear springs and originally just wound up the original torsion bars to get the correct ride height and fitted Monroe shocks all round. When I put the the winch bumper on mine I had to replace the torsion bars with the heavy duty ones and the strengthening brackets, I used pedders torsion bars, very nice. Had that set up foe over a year and love it works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got my parts from roughtrax by the way, they were very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back