Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swivel housing grease

Oil will only all run out if there is a leak like worn seals etc.
The proper grease for me though, every time.

That stuff will almost certainly get past the swivel seals, just as it does when the inner axle seal fails and diff oil mixes with the swivel grease. Topping up with moly grease is easy using the filler plugs. I use one of these, quick clean and easy.........
Cake syringe

Yeah just wondered, Seems there are 2 basic trains of though with the rivet counters, one is Gear oil in the hubs and the other is Grease, then there is that Britparts product, which given the general slagging off Britparts gets, I hear very little bad about that particular product.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
AFAIK Toyota has never specified gear oil for the swivel housings. LR did originally specify oil in theirs and the upgrade listed is one I did when I had my '94 Disco years ago.

That stuff will almost certainly get past the swivel seals, just as it does when the inner axle seal fails and diff oil mixes with the swivel grease. Topping up with moly grease is easy using the filler plugs. I use one of these, quick clean and easy.........
Cake syringe
For the record, i would like to confirm that i will kindly refuse any cake you offer me - should that situation ever arise. Purely a precautionary measure. :D:character-chef:

For the record, i would like to confirm that i will kindly refuse any cake you offer me - should that situation ever arise. Purely a precautionary measure. :D:character-chef:
I'd not go that far, surely you could just pick the icing off the cake? :p

Back