Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

tailgate struts

callum

mine are getting pretty saggy and they really didn't like the very cold weather, so i think i should maybe think about changing them.

usual ih8mud solution seems to be aussie ebay for replacement struts, in which case i'll probably get bonnet ones at the same time. the other option there seems to be mcmaster carr, but i don't think that would be any good for someone in the uk.

Anyone wish to offer a uk perspective on this? should i just get them from aussie ebay or are there any alternatives?

Paul also told me about these http://www.acecontrols.co.uk/
I need to do mine but haven't got around to it yet. I added a small light weight ladder to facilitate a short ar$e getting up onto the roof and the present struts can't handle it :lol:

toyota price according to mud is $137.50 each side, so i won't be bothering with that.

from australia £47 a pair at the back posted and a bit less for the front. if i can get them to combine postage, it will be a bit better.

from sgs in the uk, either £16 each of £41 each. Neither of their reference numbers match the numbers on my struts though.

mcmaster carr seem to be $31 a pair plus whatever postage is. they also require some adjustment of the mounts to fit as they are not a direct replacement.

as here http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/306413-my-fix-ever-elusive-hatch-struts.html

not sure what i'm going to do as its looking to be quite expensive whichever way,

to update a bit more,

mcmaster won't ship outside of the US, so that is out.

a generic strut from 'struts direct' would cost £18 plus postage each and would have to be fitted as per those mcmaster carr ones.

i'm going to have a quick look at my existing struts as this might be the cheapest for me. in the mean time, if anyone can suggest any cheaper suppliers of generic struts, fire away.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back