Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TDS 9.5 Winch Servicing

Well one remote doesn't operate both winches Jon so there must be a .00001 difference in the wavylengths or something. I have to have the rear aerial inside the bridge on the rear really as you can't get under the car to plug the antenna in like I do on the front one. I might put a hard wired socket in the bumper though so I can use the lead.

Chris

They are coded Chris, so they won't work the wrong winch but they will clash on frequency.

Managed to get some time to look at my winch not winching issue.... So after deciding there was no point in trying to resuscitate the old Warn solenoid pack

IMAG0163-M.jpg

I ordered a Albright copy off ebay, a Durite, which for all intense and purposes looks the same and has the same connections etc. Seems to have the same rating, but time will tell if it's going to be as robust. But at less than £40 delivered it's worth a punt, considering the Albright is almost double....

This is the one I ordered:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120740068022? ... 1439.l2649

So the next thing was to figure out how to wire it all together plus the winch remote which I already had installed. A quick search on the web, revealed that Dave Bower has pretty much all the schematics needed here

These are the relevant screen grabs for what I needed:

Solenoid connections:
Solenoid-M.jpg

Bowmotor connections:
Bowmotor-M.jpg

Remote connections:
Remote-M.jpg

So wired the remote in first, and it looks like this:
IMAG0164-M.jpg

IMAG0165-M.jpg

Then added the connections to the winch motor and battery:
Starting to get busy
IMAG0166-M.jpg

So after all of that it still did not bloody work.... turns out the earth to the control (not the main motor one) was broken :doh: so after fixing that it now works fine. Probably did not need to replace the Warn solenoids, but I have been meaning to do this for a while so job done.

Now all that remains is for me to either fit the new solenoid into the Warn box or find a new place for it in the engine bay and replace the front grill. Currently it's cable tied to the inside of the bumper, which really is not very good :whistle:

Back