Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Technical help required

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Have a small leak that is noticeable on the steering control box. Not sure how serious the problem is and how to check this without taking it apart. I know there is a repair kit for it but would that be the way to go if the box is leaking from the gaskets.

Also I repaired my starter motor but found out the clutch is making a noise sometimes when starting the vehicle. Looking to replace this from toyota brought a shocking price. I understand this cannot be repaired and a new one is needed.

Any thoughts are appreciated :think:

Thanks

The best way, IMO, to find a leak is to heavily wash / degrease and dry the potential leak area and surrounding parts...

Run for short periods and continuously recheck until the leak has been found... a few pics here would help diagnose the problem. :thumbup:

[quote

Also I repaired my starter motor but found out the clutch is making a noise sometimes when starting the vehicle. Looking to replace this from toyota brought a shocking price. I understand this cannot be repaired and a new one is needed.

[/quote]

Not certain what you mean. Are you referring to starter motor clutch?

Roger

Yes, the starter motor clutch device. Basically the smaller lump on the starter motor.

Back