Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Technical Permissible Maximum Towable Mass of the Trailer

womble_

Country Flag
england
Hi

I am trying to complete a DVLA form to get my HZJ 80 registered in the UK. As its over 10 years old i don't need a certificate of conformity , but without one i am struggling with a few of the questions.
What are the braked and unbraked maximums for other UK 80 series? I don't want to leave it blank and get given a low max .

if you really want to read more about the form its described here:
w w w. gov .uk / government/ uploads/ system/ uploads/ attachment_data/ file/359920/ V355X5_080814.pdf (really no URLS!! :angry-banghead:)

thanks!

I phoned them basically saying what's all this 50 questions crap ? , they replied by saying don't worry about it just complete sections blah blah blah and we will do the rest . Can't remember what sections exactly but it turned 50 questions into 3 and didn't take a week to get issued with a numberplate .

Unbraked 750kg
Braked 3500kg
That's what the owners handbook says (you can find a pdf version online too)

Good to hear it went smoothly for you Shayne. Which country did yours come from?

Gary, I'll put those on the form. Thanks. The handbook i have says check with your local dealer or the vehicle documents :(. a search for the owners manual online didn't bring up anything but people wanting to sell factory manuals. Do you have a link or the correct search term?

Mine confused the hell out of them and I was sent all about the houses because mine was an American Hummer imported to the UK then exported to the Isle of Man and I imported it back to the UK . I finally spoke to a bloke at customs who knew exactly what he was talking about and so I was then able to phone the dvla and tell them what needs to be done . My lasting in impression is if its over 10 years old they don't really give a damn .

All that spec stuff they ask is what had me banging my head against the wall , the chassis and engine number and vin plate whatever is all included in one long number located on the Hummers windscreen so I couldn't complete the form , that's why I phoned them , and that's when they kindly informed me that they have all the info on computer anyway so I should just leave it blank .

Last edited:
Tried searching again and no immediate luck. PM me an email addy and I'll share it off my Google Drive so you can grab a copy. Be warned - it's 130mb

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks Gary - have PM'd.

Turns out my current woes are with customs. Despite submitting all the NOVA forms in Felixstowe on arrival no one passed them to the car team. I was reminded that HMRC is a big place and that i should have know they wouldn't have been passed on!
DVLA application on hold!

Got my V5 in the post today ! Only took a week and half and i am the owner of an H reg...

Interestingly, the only detail on it is the detail i provided. Which aside from engine capacity was towing capacity and number of seats..

Back