Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Technical Toyota help required.

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Gent's,
I've found a Toyota coaster 4x4 (Yes the dream bus) The snag is that it has shat its auto box out.

Can anyone help me with options for sourcing a replacement box or advice on a suitable alternative.

ViN Num : 7A8H60D0904100027
Chassis type : BB58-0100027
Engine code : 15BF

Has that one got the same autobox as the Surf as some of the Hiace van have that box

BB58 - 15B (93-99)/15B-FT (99-2003) 4x4 factory built, it uses the Toyota Mega Cruiser's transmission and front portal axle differentials.
15B-F

The 15B-F is a 4.1 L (4104 cc) inline 4 cylinder, sixteen valve, OHV, direct injection diesel engine (same configuration as the 15B-FTE but no turbo and intercooler). Bore is 108 mm and stroke is 112 mm. Output is 86 kW (115 hp) at 3,200 rpm and 290 N⋅m (214 ft⋅lbf) of torque at 2,000 rpm.

Applications

1993-1999 Coaster (4×4 BB58)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Coaster

Is this any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have to say I haven't come across a Toyota Coaster before, but they look pretty cool. The 4x4 version could have the potential to make a good medium sized live in overlander.

Keep us posted

They have plenty of Toyota Coasters here in northern Cyprus and my cousin's garage maintains and repairs them. All the ones I've seen have the 1HD_FTE engine from the 100 series Landcruiser and gearbox. If you put your BB58-0100027 in the search on www.parksoug.com you should get all the details of parts for your vehicle.

They have plenty of Toyota Coasters here in northern Cyprus and my cousin's garage maintains and repairs them. All the ones I've seen have the 1HD_FTE engine from the 100 series Landcruiser and gearbox. If you put your BB58-0100027 in the search on www.parksoug.com you should get all the details of parts for your vehicle.

Cheers I had a scan and lots of the parts are unavailable which is what leads me to think the guy is selling it. The body is damn near perfect I think I’m gonna struggle to get the bits.
The transfer box is fine apparently.
After some digging I’ve found the engine is used on a Toyota Dyna which is a light truck .

I’m gonna see if I can get some idea of the cost of that.
I have only just started using autos and I don’t understand them.

I’m thinking can I put exactly that combination. In there if I can’t rescue the original box ...I’d love that combo of 6pots and a manual gearbox

Gent's,
I've found a Toyota coaster 4x4 (Yes the dream bus) The snag is that it has shat its auto box out.

Can anyone help me with options for sourcing a replacement box or advice on a suitable alternative.

ViN Num : 7A8H60D0904100027

Gearbox code : A443f is what I need

Back