Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Testing.

Hi Dave and thanks for the reply. It is only the actual speedometer I need, the rest of the gauges are fine. On mine the trip reset button has been pushed in too far (I wonder who did that? :whistle: ) Oh and the cam belt reset button has also been broken, again I am not going to own up to that LOL! The axle that holds the trip reels has broken and I cannot get it back into place so it holds. So yes just the speedometer is needed however, does the speedometer from your 24 valve suit my 12 valve? I could send you a picture of mine if it helps?

Regards

Dave

Let me have a rummage in the garage Dave, I'll dig it out and give you a shout - we can see if it'll work in your truck? Happy enough to send it to you, if it'll help the situation. Well, in a few days that is - we're all currently isolating as the entire family has covid at the moment!

Sounds great mate! I have looked at the sensors for sale and they have the same part number. And I looked at a couple of pictures and they look identical. I have PayPal so can send you some dinero.

And to the more important thing, sorry for the Covid infection, hopefully these new variants whilst more contagious they are less dangerous, good luck with this to you and yours.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
No worries Dave - my youngest picked it up at school and a couple of days later we all had it - kids have bounced through quickly, Jan and I were pretty ill for a couple of days (like a bad case of the flu, but also short breath) but seem much better today, so fingers crossed we're out of the worst of it and can get back to normal - my eldest is desperate to get back to school.

I'll dig about in the garage tomorrow and we can go from there. More soon!

- my eldest is desperate to get back to school.

I'll dig about in the garage tomorrow and we can go from there. More soon!
Wow a youngster who wants to go to school! :thumbup:

Okydoke looking for some good news, it make a change for sure.

Regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Dave - sorry - had a rummage in the garage today and the old speedo is not where I thought it would be. Which means either its gone in the wrong storage box or I tossed it out at some point in the last 8 years. I'll have a better look when my head's a bit clearer, as I'll need to drag stuff out to look properly. Bear with me.....

Hey Dave - sorry - had a rummage in the garage today and the old speedo is not where I thought it would be. Which means either its gone in the wrong storage box or I tossed it out at some point in the last 8 years. I'll have a better look when my head's a bit clearer, as I'll need to drag stuff out to look properly. Bear with me.....
Hi Dave thanks for letting me know, had my hopes high but that's how things go. I am not going anywhere so just give a yes or no as and when.

Many thanks

Regards

Dave

:confusion-shrug: I'm from the Isle of Man which makes the UK NHS seem like Star Trek , More than once i've been asked while discussing my medical history with real surgeons if i'm over 100 years old .

Poor health system or not, the salted butter from the Isle of Man Creamery is great and on sale in the neighbouring province and it's luuurvly. :clap::dance:

Regards

Dave.

Manx Ices produced the best icecream in the world but in times of trouble the gov refused to help them and that was the end of that .

Manx kippers the same , once a thriving industry employing hundreds of people , I was 15 working from 6am until past midnight sometimes , now its a minimal staff production line and it starts with defrosting imported frozen fish :icon-rolleyes: still processed traditionally/correctly so they still beat any others i've tasted by a long shot . Memory is vague but i know they asked for gov help and got told to sod off .

If Creamery butter is making it to Spain then you can bet your bottom dollar that the funny handshake gang have shares in the company , and your getting better quality than they sell locally .

Just chanced upon this Dave which may or may not help ?

Thanks for that Shayne, mine works electronically, but the trip meter has psychically broken away from the mount, my right (primary) hand shakes so much since the op on the left side of my brain, I find it too fiddly to fix. I have found a company in the UK on eBay that fixes speedo's (not the swimming trunks) so waiting on a reply from them, I also wondered if someone with a JDM has swapped out the KPH speedometer for a MPH version, and they might sell me the KPH unit they took out? The video will certainly help someone else though identify a speedo fault.

Thanks again for the thought........I get taken shopping tomorrow so I might buy some more IOM butter? :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

Back