Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The big Trek in reverse

Ronnie Andrews

Country Flag
kenya
Hi all, it's great to see new life in the LC Club pages - this is a great forum.

First off we have a 1997 AUTOMATIC 24 VALVE VX which has done an awful lot of miles but as the odometer is broken I really can't tell you just how many. We live in Nairobi and over the years have done loads of safari work as one should when the bush is one's back yard. So far this year we've not done anything great but coming up is the Rhino Charge - for the uninitiated have a look at the site - and we're manning a check point which we've done for many years. We've also been in the recce team, the organiser and monitor team and have participated ourselves over the years so have a long association. Maybe I should put some pics up when it's done.
But the main job for this year is a trip with our good friends through to South Africa. We're going with them because they have a land rover (no caps on purpose) and shouldn't be allowed out alone. We've decided that we'll do Tanzania thoroughly next year so we're going straight through the middle and the main attractions awaiting us are Zambia' s South Luangwa, the Maremmi and Chobe and of course the Falls and Kariba. On this trip we've got to get back quickly so we're not doing Namibia (done it), Angola or Mozambique. Just so there's something to look forward to.
We'd love to correspond with those who've done the trip for tips and guidance so please feel free to make contact and we'll try to be in interesting in our posts.
More on the car later!

Great introduction Ronnie, I think you'll fit right in here. We demand pictures of course or we'll all come down there and sort you out! Might take us several years though .....

Chris

We'd love to correspond with those who've done the trip for tips and guidance so please feel free to make contact and we'll try to be in interesting in our posts.

Done the trip a few times however never had a lot of time for sightseeing :(

Nairobi>Arusha>Ngorongoro>Moshi>Kili>Bagamoyo>Dar>Zanzibar (don't miss zanzibar!)>south through Malawi>do some diving>Chipata>SLNP>Lusaka>Livingstone>VF>Kazungula>Chobe>etc, etc

Lots to see, lots to do, lots of possible routes...

Safari njema!

Back