Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The new T-Max Adventurer air compressor........

warrenpfo said:
To change the subject quickly there seems to be a number of us UK saffas heading back to SA over the next 2 years which i think is great news and on another note for just over a £1 you can get the latest 4x4 magazine and the wheels magazine online which you can then download or print if you like.

http://www.mymag.co.za/

Nice one :thumbup: My old man puts all his Leisure Wheels, SA4X4, Getaway, etc mags in the post when he is done so I have a constant stream of mags coming in ;)

ignat said:
I just happen to have a copy of SA4x4 magazine on my desk and scanned in a review they did on Steve's compressor.
Nothing major learnt here, but I've read a number of people in SA using T-Max's and they all seem happy..
Thanks for that Kevin :D :thumbup: Interesting read :think: So looks as though it's continuously rated for 30 minutes :D Well I'm still very pleased with it :D :D I had another play with it today & used it as an air blower to blow out my handbrake shoes to very good effect :D :thumbup:

Oh & PS-The gauge really is absolutely cr...p :roll: But then it's the same as the one on my m8's 440 Vivair :shock: Also cr...p :p

Can anyone help me identify the make of quick release fittings on my T-Max :?: :!: I'd like to buy some compatible ones to make up some more pipe etc to give me more flexibility but I just can't find / identify the fittings that the pump came with :? :p

PA090671.jpg

I have a T-Max compressor, no idea what model, what I'd like to know is how hot should it feel when in use, it inflated a tyre from 15psi to 30 psi in two mins, but from 0 psi to 30 psi took 10 mins, the pump got quite hot, but not to hot to keep my hand on it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anything you could still hold your hand on would not be a problem. When it boils water, I would fetch a teabag ;)

Chas, mine gets pretty warm too - warmer than I would otherwise expect. But it does pump tyres up fast :mrgreen:

Crispin said:
Anything you could still hold your hand on would not be a problem. When it boils water, I would fetch a teabag ;)
:lol: :lol: Thanks Crispin.

Bought some more bits for my T-Max :D

I've replaced all of the Ozy Nitto fittings with PCL Vertex ones :D I also got a length of 7mm hose & a new inflator/gauge :thumbup:

PA180677.jpg

PA180678.jpg

PA180679.jpg

PA180680.jpg

PA180681.jpg

Oh & a blow gun :)

PA180682.jpg

Where did you get all your bits? I want to mod my T-max as well.

fridayman said:
Where did you get all your bits? I want to mod my T-max as well.
Well I did my research here http://www.pclairtechnology.com/

I then boiught the hose, blow gun & Vertex fittings from here http://www.lba-direct.com/?p=content&id=1

And the inflator I bought from off of the bay :) But I had a bit of touch as I only paid £15 for it plus £4.91 postage :dance: :dance: I think they must have miss priced it :p

Heres's the link to the expired page http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT give 'em a call you never know your luck :)

There is just one point to make about what I've done here as the old tyre/valve fitting as supplied with the T-Max is permantly free flowing & this is why the gauge is no good untill you turn off the pump & then release some pressure from the line to take the pressure reading. Now what I've done is creat a closed line when you release the trigger on the inflator so the T-Max quickly comes up to pressure & the safety valve blows then seats then blows then seats then blows etc etc :roll: You see it's never simple is it once you start down to modifying route :lol: I think what I need is a lower pressure safety valve or something that is just a litle more refined so when the max pressure is reached it lifts & remains lifted untill the line pressure drops again cause @ the mo it goes off like one of those gas powered crow scarers every half second or so :shock: :lol:

I was thinking of also wiring in a pressure switch relay, but just don't know enough about them to know where to find the right one. Ideally I'm looking to get maybe a 70psi relay so that the compressor will pressurise the hose up to 70psi, then turn off until I pull the trigger on the gun.

Just bought one from fleabay. :cool: My Tesco £13 one has been defeated by the Grabbers. :lol:

I bought this one only a couple of months ago

Ring Automotive RAC900

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_prod ... tno=RAC900

Not quite as powerful as the T-Max but at £67 off Ebay it does the job for me, the coiled air hose is great when I have to top up my trailer tyres when I hitch up to it, downside for mine and I guess the T-Max is the "lets run back to the off switch on the compressor from the back of the truck" routine.

A trailing switch lead might be the jobby as it draws way too much current to plug into the rear aux power socket.

Trevor said:
it draws way too much current to plug into the rear aux power socket.
I fitted a 15a mains socket in the back for mine, fed from the 12v side of the inverter which is connected straight to the battery via a pair of hefty cables, also handy for any other heavy duty 12v stuff :thumbup: .

Paging Chris:

What was that cig like socket you were talking abotu a while ago? IIRC, there was an adapter which turned the normal ones into one of these as well.
it was a nice, higher rated, locking jobbie.

Crispin said:
Paging Chris:

What was that cig like socket you were talking abotu a while ago? IIRC, there was an adapter which turned the normal ones into one of these as well.
it was a nice, higher rated, locking jobbie.
DIN Plug :?:

Trevor said:
A trailing switch lead might be the jobby as it draws way too much current to plug into the rear aux power socket.
I had another play with my one today & while I was about it I current clamped it while under load & not under load :) She pulls just a smidge over 30Amps blowing to free air & a smidge under 42Amps pumping @ around 100Psi (prety much full load I would have thought) :D

Back