Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The new T-Max Adventurer air compressor........

Just have a look in the boot for what looks like a good place to end up, perhaps inside a side pocket? I would guess you'll need about 5 meters of cable but you could always run a piece of string along the route the cable will follow and measure that? I don't know where is best to buy the cable from Kenya, I use http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/ for most of my 12v wiring supplies.

The 400W inverter you mentioned may draw up to 45amps continuous and significantly higher for short periods of time so it would be worth checking the values given for the specific device you'll be using.

Something to keep in mind when deciding on wire size is voltage drop which causes a higher current to be used by the device so you need to allow for a slightly higher value.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll try to see what kind of cable is available locally first then try the site you mentioned. What I may do is run the cable to the footwell first and see how that works for me, if it doesn't work I can always add an Anderson extension to the boot later.

Morning all.

I am in the process of looking for a compressor for my truck and I was wondering how the tmax compressors have performed over time?

I am thinking about the smaller one as I don't regularly need a compressor.

Any long term comments? Or is there another option that I should be looking at?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I’ve had one of the smaller T max compressors for a while. It’s ok for occasional use, but build quality isn’t up there with the best, and if (or perhaps when) it packs up, I’ll probably go for something like a Viair.

My T-max adventurer must be at least 4 years old now and is still better than the air at Morrisons petrol station , but truth be known it gets little use because its just too damn big to hide in the truck so its spent most of its life in a damp coal shed .
The "can you please blow up my swimming pool" season is almost here again so it wasn't a complete waste of money .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've had the twin cylinder t max for about 9 years now, used to get used a lot as spent most weekends at p+p or laning so aired down/up regularly. Have managed to re seat 33"tyres on a few occasions.
It's now been in 3 vehicles mounted in the boot. It happily inflates the 35's from 20 psi to 32 psi without complaints.
I extended the wiring so the switch is on the side of the drawers and the air line is also extended down the side (compressor is between the rear seats and drawers and had to fold a seat to access) i'd buy another

I have the twin cylinder ARB mounted under the drivers seat. It is very quick to fill the 2.5 gallon air tank mounted behind the passenger seat and pumps a 285-85-16 tyre in a minute and a half from flat, probably the best compressor you can buy but not cheap, compressor alone cost about £350.

Would it be cheaper and more convenient to use a CO2 cylinder ? A bit bigger perhaps but no wiring needed at home or abroad.

Would it be cheaper and more convenient to use a CO2 cylinder ? A bit bigger perhaps but no wiring needed at home or abroad.
I can't remember how much I paid for the tank but I do remember it was cheap, before I got it I was looking at converting a fire extinguisher.

Back