Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The only way is up!!!!!!!!

We'll it's on!!!!! 50mm pedders lift kit.
Battled for 4 hours in the rain.
The fronts were an absolute doddle, sadly can't say the same for the rear shox. Poor design on the top shock mount, had to cut the old ones off.
Huge gains in height 100 mm on the back end and 60mm on the front. The old stuff must have been more tired than I thought.
Drives and rides nice.

Nice one 4" lift? What was the ridehight before?
well done in the rain

Steve

On the rear end there is now 380mm when I measure from the top of the wheelrim to the bottom of the arch trim compared with 280mm before.
The front has gone from 300mm to 360mm using the same method.
I've taken some pics i'll post them shortly.

the only way is up 002.jpg
Here goes with some pics, sadly most of them won't load up at the moment:icon-sad:

Attachments

• the only way is up 008.jpg
    the only way is up 008.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 220
the only way is up 007.jpg
Here is another one, still more to load but computer seems to be playing up

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one looks good. Any camber issues up front?

Pedders are only 15mins down the road from me so going to take it there for them to set the camber and castor, feels a bit light on the steering but rides smoother than before.
How do you find your pedders kit gary??
sluug 003.jpg
This is the only before pic it will let me attatch at the moment
the only way is up 008.jpg
This is after, quite a difference:icon-biggrin:

I find it rides well, it's better now with some weight, the winch up front and everything in the boot. feels a bit stiff and twitchy when empty but that's not very often!!

Took Sluug for a geometry check today after fitting the lift kit at the weekend. I thought all was going well until they found one of the wishbone bushes wouldn't adjust.

Mother natures loc-tite had got in there and seen to that!!

Doesn't look like a very nice job getting the wishbone off, loosen/remove anti-roll bar to allow enough room to move the steering rack back enough to get the bolts out doh!!

Just wondering if fitting a new bush was a big hammer and vice job or whether I'll need access to a press???

Last edited:
After travelling about 200 miles this week I can say that I'm more than happy with my Pedders lift kit.

Its made a real difference to the stability on those high speed bends on motorways and dual carriage ways, used to feel a bit soft on the back end before.
Sits nice and steady over the bumps too but not so firm it knocks your fillings out. Very little body roll unless your pushing a bit too hard.
Just got to try it offroad when I get a chance.

Ordered my set of Pedders yesterday - going to let my local Mechanic do the job, I have neither the kit or the goolies to try & fit it myself!I have the new top mounts too, just in case. Better go and find some tips and hints for the job in French.........

Back