Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

After reading all the comments from other members, without any discrimination can we please have a DISLIKE button to press?

After reading all the comments from other members, without any discrimination can we please have a DISLIKE button to press?
If there is a dislike button to press members might start to dislike each other which is not good for the club , although that might not bother those who aspire to no longer be a Landcruiser owner .

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is a dislike button to press members might start to dislike each other which is not good for the club , although that might not bother those who aspire to no longer be a Landcruiser owner .
A dislike button TONYCY11, would be a way to dislike a post not a member. I do hope you are not referring to me being someone who no longer aspires to be a Land Cruiser owner Tony? The fact that The Pheonix is up for sale in no way assumes I will not own another.
Or were you afraid of being disliked?

A dislike button TONYCY11, would be a way to dislike a post not a member. I do hope you are not referring to me being someone who no longer aspires to be a Land Cruiser owner Tony? The fact that The Pheonix is up for sale in no way assumes I will not own another.
Or were you afraid of being disliked?
Pressing a Dislike of ones post might lead to members taking sides and resentment among members not to help other sides if that happens , I am not afraid of being disliked Chas from you or anybody else far from it , as I said such a button is no good for this club or its members . I agree with Grantw in deleting this tread , for 1 it has nothing to do with Landcruisers , I am already trying to refrain from commenting on this tread for that reason I have tried to leave my last comment on this thread as a thank you to Moggy for his nice comment he gave mentioning my name .

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thing is we aren't all surrounded by people we can discuss this or anything else with , i go to a pub not more than once a week and sometimes once a month and conversation generally revolves around who's round is it and false and friendly accusations of cheating at pool .

Current affairs are dismissed out of hand , f**k the eu and them w****rs in parliament is the beginning middle and end of the conversation . I full on miss my father in law because he would disagree with anything i said , even if i said beer was wet , though next week he would be telling me beer was wet and i had it wrong last week as usual :lol:

Maybe i should sign up to facebook for some worthwhile thought provoking conversation :icon-rolleyes:

“The wind does not break a tree that bends” – Sukuma proverb

If it were up to me I would delete this whole thread. I don't think we need this division on here - we already have it everywhere else.
I've been following this thread with interest.
When I'm no more interested in a thread, I have the choice not to read it.
It would be a shame to delete a thread with +10k views.

So, who has voted for their 'unelected' bureaucrats in the EU today?
We vote on Sunday for our French MEP'S. We have a choice of 34 lists (parties if you like).......from far left commies to far right nationalists.
I think one of the centre europhiles will do me :)

can we look on these euro election results as a "second referendum"?
predictable results coming in..

Well the remain parties are gaining as many seats as the leave..............so far

The way i see it is it was an exercise in futility .

Many on both sides voted in objection to rather than in favor of - they voted for change . Many likely abstained because "whats the point"

But it makes no odds in the grand scheme of things , of 751 seats 172 are anti EU and 436 pro EU and worse still the pro EU who don't like the direction its going in lumped us by way of objection a load of seats for the flower power snowflake brigade who actually believe we could save the planet by putting a use by date on every single marketable item in existence .

So for me ultimately it means no change and we need out while we still have something left to build upon .

Last edited:
EU will not renegotiate and parliament will not leave with no deal so there will be a second referendum. Good idea too as now people see the disadvantages of leaving the majority want to stay.

For a certain generation I suppose..

sjnc33pjvac31.jpg

It's kinda sad aint it , but hey if you hate your children vote for a Nazi army , i mean why wouldn't you ?

I've generally stayed out of this thread but I have a question which perhaps one of you well informed chaps can answer.

It is my understanding that leaving is enshrined on a bill - basically legislation that says we can leave, it's agreed and the date set against that is the 31st Oct. Now we can cancel that if we revoke the law and we (the UK) can amend that to delay it further if the Eu agrees of course, but as it stands now, if no one does anything, ie everyone goes to the pub, we will without any question no longer be in the EU come November the 1st. So what's all this shouting and promising that's going on. Unless someone does something to change the destiny, we're set to automatically and unequivocally leave. Boris only needs to order another pint sit back and it's done, isn't

This is independent of any deal that's struck or a no deal eventuality. End of means end of. Second part of the question is that largely parliament does not want a no deal. So what are the choices for the House here. We ARE set to leave at midnight, there is virtually no chance of a deal before then, the majority don't want a no deal exit (there was a vote) so what happens? Is there going to be some sort of coup at 23.59 where the leave act gets halted by people with more power?

I'm genuinely a bit lost. It's a real case of the old Catch 22. I'm not really interested in preferences here, simply the mechanics of how we leave without a deal when the house voted to reject that situation. No deal in my view is a consequence not actually an option. It's the consequence of no one doing something to precipitate a change to the impending cliff edge. Boris keeps promising it like it's something he has to actually do something to achieve.

Its done Chris and we have only those who dont want it to happen to thank .

It didn't need to be this way , friends nieghbours and allies , but its done now , zealeots this side and that side are pissing into the wind .

But hey somebody is in charge of somethin somewhere because thats how democracy works - isnt it ?

@Chris your question about the mechanics of it is the most pertinent of all from where I'm sitting. There doesn't appear to be any solution that will satisfy anybody, not to mention everybody. The while thing has been handled so badly, I mean to go from David Cameron, who was at least statesman-like and well regarded abroad regardless of policies, to Boris Johnson, who is so ignorant of anything beyond his own lunch, that it's frankly disturbing. It shows that the mechanics are broken.. the will of the people is not even remotely in the frame any more. I see no way out. Sorry

Back