Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The things 'ya'do (she went mad)

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Woke up this morning with no plans really, Having a pook about on face book and ebay, 3 hrs later iv got this on me Drive..... Yeh! she went Mad!.... :lol:
DSCF0373.JPG
DSCF0374.JPG

She calmed down Eventually... But then gave the ultimatum ME! Or one of the Transalps has to Go...... Il get me coat!

Ha! yeh, Mind you il have to sell the Land Cruiser to finance the Divorce :wtf:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nothing to do with me That Hateful pile of shite..... :lol: Seriously it's dreadful

Seems you always have to have one around Higgy :)

Everyone needs a quick escape Nick :auto-dirtbike:

I was referring to the Dacia ;)

Mr Higgy that is an important investment if its going to collect dust it will collect money if its going to collect miles then you will collect memories WIN WIN and WIN if you come to decide to sell it
Now with the great valentine rip off coming up fill the tank up with fuel and go for a relaxing ride
You could get a token for the Mrs just have to remember not to chuck it in the slot machine when you are done with relaxation

Thanks Jake very Kind of you, everything seems fine at the mo so fingers crossed

@Higgy I’m sure with the TA you’ll know, but worth checking the front sprocket shaft splines, and really you should only use a genuine Honda front sprocket if it’s good, there are a couple of options if it’s excessively worn and keep the chain a little slack. Check the wiring for the regulator/ rectifier for overheating and the choke plungers for sticking in the carbs :)

Thanks Jake... The Africa Twin Mirrors the exact same known things to look out for as the Transalps,.... But iv never had problems with either Bikes.. Im looking forward to getting Stuck into the AT....... Spanner Time again :thumbup:

A friend of mine had a Transalp - the engine sprocket was locked onto the splines with a poxy tin plate . . . .

DSCN3366.JPG

The plate would regularly fail, allowing the sprocket to chatter on the mainshaft:

DSCN3297.JPG

Some "Transalp Owners' Group" recommended a fix - machine up a split collar with a central spline that was a more substantial means of locking the sprocket. The friend came knocking and . . .

DSCN3302.JPG

DSCN3307.JPG

I made two - just in case.

Friend was happy (Peter Wright, for those in the Scottish Motorcycling community !).

DSCN3364.JPG

Peter set off for a Continental tour and . . .

The fix failed :angry-screaming:

spacer 001.JPG

He sorted the problem though . . . Sold the TA and bought a couple of BMWs :lol: .

Strange tale, Honda's design and engineering is usually a lot better than this.

Bob.

Back