Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This year's crop

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
My daughter has got into gardening and more so after last year's sun flowers grew over 4m tall, the biggest produced 17 flower heads on one flower!
So far year they're getting tall and no flower heads yet! The fence is 6ft btw.

20150806_101706_resized.jpg

20150806_101713_resized.jpg

She's grown quite a few other plants too, chooses them herself at the garden centre, plants the seeds and looks after them making sure watered.

GM seeds... :thumbup:, only joking but could be true.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is is not an uncommon sight here, it takes your breath away when you see so many. The seed heads grow to about 20cm, and when black are ready to harvest.

But, I think commercially, they only grow to about head height from those I've seen.

You're making me feel very guilty, last trip to the UK in May, this year, my 6 yr old daughter made me buy her seeds to plant. We bought them, but I never got around to helping her plant them.

They'll have to wait till next year now :shifty:

I think its a brilliant idea Gary so many valuable lessons for Lily to learn while having fun and enjoying her achievement :thumbup:

She'd love that field.
These seeds are from last year's, most people at work have some too as asked for seeds for their kids. All growing just as well I've been told.
Some great flowers with little pink petals and some purple ones too, she liked the pic on the packets lol.

My wife and her sister tried growing some commercially but not worth the effort but they are beautiful.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thought this thread was going to be about something else.........

Back