Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Time to come out of the closet

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I don't know what you were thinking ....

I have had these in storage for, errm, well some very very long time. Today they saw sunshine.

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 19.28.22.jpg

And a tyre machine.

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 19.28.37.jpg

They're actually genuine Toyota refurbs. They even have a part number. I tried to get 5 all those years ago but it seems that these were the last four in the UK. They're pretty nice. Even got shiny new nuts to go with them.

They now have some Toyo Open Country on there.

Now if only I had a vehicle to put them on. It'd need to be pretty special ........

Ooooooo nice, can't wait for the reveal... Chris in high heels... Nice :sob:

Well I do have several to chose from .... But who can tell which one these are destined for.

Tony, calm yourself man.

Heaumey, Shhhhh! I've never even met you.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't know what you were thinking ....

I have had these in storage for, errm, well some very very long time. Today they saw sunshine.

View attachment 108510

And a tyre machine.

View attachment 108511

They're actually genuine Toyota refurbs. They even have a part number. I tried to get 5 all those years ago but it seems that these were the last four in the UK. They're pretty nice. Even got shiny new nuts to go with them.

They now have some Toyo Open Country on there.

Now if only I had a vehicle to put them on. It'd need to be pretty special ........

You certainly work from the ground up. Like I always tell my kids, just pick a spot and start. Nice looking wheels. They were very popular here in Australia.

Oh gawd, here we go...

It has to be blue, he's got almost every other colour going.

So, another school bus, shopping runner, green leaner? (won't be another overlander I'm sure)...

We'll just have to wait and see.... :crazy:

Quote 'They were very popular here in Australia"

Si, mate I think you'll find that the popularity of wheels has spread even further than Oz. They're almost everywhere now. Except Romania I think.

Quote 'They were very popular here in Australia"

Si, mate I think you'll find that the popularity of wheels has spread even further than Oz. They're almost everywhere now. Except Romania I think.

We've got one or two Chris, believe it or not.

Trouble is, they're not very good at using the one in front of the driver :doh:

Still not quite enough for everyone though...

IMG_6488.JPG

Is that a Renault? Can't be a 2CV, it's only 1 horse-power

A lot went back to Toyota under new car warranty as the lacquer came off in the first couple of years. Perhaps they refurbed them instead of throwing them away. Those returned ones would not have had much corrosion. There's a company in London that does the original factory diamond cutting. Perhaps they did them under contract.

Very nice Chris. Didn't realise they'd fit on a RAV4

Clive that looks like and old Renault 12 Pretty much my first car back in the day

Very nice Chris. Didn't realise they'd fit on a RAV4

Clive that looks like and old Renault 12 Pretty much my first car back in the day

Very similar Gary, Dacia bought or otherwise inherited all the old Renault tooling in the past.

Very similar Gary, Dacia bought or otherwise inherited all the old Renault tooling in the past.
And still do by the look of it. They don't seem bad vehicles for the money. Pal of mine had a Dacia Shifter. Seemed pretty rugged. Dated and unrefined but rugged enough. The new Duster seems pretty nice inside and there are loads of them in Austria. RE to a household in places so they can't be bad.

Thread jack over, apols.

Look lovely... also a lot of weights to balance what looks like a road-biased tyre?!?

Back