Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tire Recommendations

PNWWick

Country Flag
united_states
I am new to this Club so thanks in advance for any help with my question. I have a 2020 Toyota Heritage Land Cruiser for which I am close to needing new tires. I probably spend about 70% of my time on paved surface roads with the remaining 30% off-road. When off-road I am typically driving on roads & trails with lots of rocks of various sizes and sharpness. Sometimes there is snow and mud involved but it's mainly on dry hilly roads. The tires which came with the car are Dunlop Grandtrek AT 23's. All in all these tires have held up well but thought it made sense to see if there might be something better out there. Once again thanks for any thoughts/recommendations.

I’m now a big fan of the Goodyear Duratrac since seeing many discussions on a US forum. They are good on the road, quiet, more than capable for all but extreme off-road and are ‘snowflake’ rated as a winter tyre too. Run on my FJ for the last 8 yrs.

Gr8Yota,

Thanks for your recommendation! It's much appreciated!

Take a look at the Yokohama Geolander G015 and the Falken Wildpeak at3w. If you are looking for more of an AT tyre.

you have done well to needing new tyres on a 2 year old, for a tyre ( Dunlop ) that run to 85,000 miles.

I run the Yokos that GeekOKent mentions, would buy again, quiet running good wearing astonishing wet grip plus snowflake/mountain stamped so full winter rated, however didn't come with a very deep tread compared with tyres like BFG AT's, only around 9mm new.

The Falkens mentioned i have also pencilled in should the Yokos be difficult to obtain at the right price when the time comes, had good experience with that make on daughter's car (petrol head fast driver) and a set of normal road Falkens on my Forester are proving a good buy.

Back