Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tixover with Northants 4X4

Trevor

Country Flag
england
I went to the Tixover site in Northants which is an old clay pit/quarry as a new member of the Northants 4X4 Group. Met up with Chris Mann and we both had a great day driving about in my 70. Not too many photos sadly as we were far too busy driving and having fun.

Last week I finished installing the snorkel and had my first go in water, engine still ran so must have fitted it correctly, some watery pics

P1020373.jpg

P1020374.jpg

P1020376.jpg

P1020384.jpg

P1020375.jpg

Got to use my winch for the first time, guess what it was used on?

P1020351.jpg

P1020350.jpg

P1020355.jpg

Shouldn't laugh really, we got stuck too and had to winch out in the woods.

P1020358.jpg

P1020359.jpg

Had a play on some hilly bits

P1020368.jpg

P1020369.jpg

P1020363.jpg

Slowly turning the 70 into china, was a hot day and the clay was baking

P1020361.jpg

Drying off on a rock

P1020391.jpg

P1020387.jpg

P1020390.jpg

A good day out, thanks Chris for taking photos. Alternator packed in, crank oil seal failed and no rear brakes anymore so got to get these fixed before Lincomb :thumbdown:

great pics mate. :clap:

really liking the look of your 70 and cant wait to see how it performs at Lincomb. :thumbup:

Excellent pics Trevor :thumbup: :thumbup:

looks like you managed to stay on all four wheels this time .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to hide the stabiliers for the photos :lol: I was very cautious this time, probably a bit too much but didn't want to screw up being ready for Lincomb

Had a wicked day trevor, thanks for inviting me along. Also we weren't stuck in the woods,we were mearly trying out the winch as you had never used it before!!!! :lol: :lol:

Looks like a fun day out guys - glad you kept it rubber side down this time Trev :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like a fun day out! The bystander was obviously confident that your new winch cable would hold during that recovery :? Hopefully everything is shipshape in time for next weekend :cool:

Looking at the pics... understand the whole fixed front axle vs. IFS discussion now!

Chris Mann said:
Had a wicked day trevor, thanks for inviting me along. Also we weren't stuck in the woods,we were mearly trying out the winch as you had never used it before!!!! :lol: :lol:

Absolutely Chris, thats what I meant to say. This new predictive text feature on the forum is so annoying :lol:

Andrew Prince said:
Looks like a fun day out! The bystander was obviously confident that your new winch cable would hold during that recovery :? Hopefully everything is shipshape in time for next weekend :cool:

Actually a good point Andrew, I don't have a winch blanket yet or snatch blocks but really I should have damped the cable with something.

Back