Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Top gear special

One of the worst if not the worst christmas specials i think i have ever seen. :thumbdown:

warrenpfo said:
One of the worst if not the worst christmas specials i think i have ever seen. :thumbdown:
Agreed sh1t :thumbdown:
Do we think that might be the death throws of TG

Yes agreed i think its time they actually start doing a motoring programme again.

Complete load of rubbish and a waste of our time :evil:

I missed it. But sounds like i didnt miss much. Why was it so poor?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
AndyCook said:
I missed it. But sounds like i didnt miss much. Why was it so poor?

It was like watching an old slap stick programme, every single moment they could squeeze in was set up.

Joe

Having been in India last december and with a similiar route I can agree the roads are really bad. But this was neither about cars but just a waste of licence money. What the hell were they thinking whilst dreaming up an idea of painting a sign to promote the uk and put this sign made up of a plastic sheet ,to be rolled out from a moving train. Completely stupid and at times risk the lives of two of the three idiots. Shame the programme did not focus on the highlights of Jaipur and Shimla which of course is beautiful.
I dont think the indians were impressed when the idiot clarkson and the boys held a evening event to promote uk using a trouser press then set off a massive firework only for the rich and famous of the Delhiwalla's to run for their lives to there Lambo's and Ferrari and Bentlies only to find these idiots had lost there keys.......

Very painful to watch at times................. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

prav said:
.......Very painful to watch at times................. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Too too painful, I just managed about 15 mins on iPlayer and had to give up :thumbdown:

What a miserable bunch! What's the matter with you all, had sense of humour by-passes?

When was Top Gear last about cars for Pete's sake. William Woollard and Co reviewing the Austin Princess, I shouldn't wonder. Cars are all basically pretty good now; mostly as they aren't made in Britain. What's to say about them anymore? Oooh it has a heated rear windscreen and an FM radio player?

It's an entertainment show. I watched Fifth Gear recently when they actually tried to review cars. What load of boll**s All they did was try to say funny things about really boring but perfectly functional shopping cars.

It's all staged, we know that. It's not real, we know that. It's mostly biased, we know that. So why did you tune in? Surely not to learn something important. No I can't believe you'd do that. Would you? Really?

This from a production team who blow up Hiluxes, race bullet trains, put log burners in the boot and send Reliant Robins into orbit.

And you thought that driving across India in 3 classic cars would be educational? Did I miss something?

Admittedly I didn't think it was the funniest road trip they'd ever done, but anything than watch "Strictly Come Downton Eastenders"

The Stig

Wel i'm afraid i have to agree with Chris ( The Stig ) i know a lot of it was staged but it made i larf.

Especially the winching bit. Just priceless. Completely made up, but very funny.

[strike:3vaau52j]Chris[/strike:3vaau52j] Stig

Chris said:
When was Top Gear last about cars for Pete's sake.
It's an entertainment show. Admittedly I didn't think it was the funniest road trip they'd ever done, but anything than watch "Strictly Come Downton Eastenders" The Stig
Well you had the first bit right.
It's an entertainment show :think: maybe but not very entertaining anymore and was that a road trip? you could have fooled me. Sorry Stig :thumbdown:

If they'd cut the good bits into a 30 minute program it would have been ok but they just padded it out with rubbish too long.

Never said it was awesome, but the panning it got here seemed a little excessive. I thought that they must have raped someone's daughter, petrol bombed the first Cruiser ever made and shat on the Queen's croquet lawn.

Not brilliant but hardly the worst thing I have ever seen on telly. Like the Top Gear Bolivia special.

C

The only thing I can think to compare it to is when we tried watching broke back mountain and had to give up it was so drawn out :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
The only thing I can think to compare it to is when we tried watching broke back mountain and had to give up it was so drawn out :)

:lol:

it was set up about 10 times more than they usually do. so you could guess the story from a mile off, but to be fair i did still watch it all the way through hoping it would get a bit better.

Joe

My take on the show was that it really was below the standard we have come to expect.

They have done many "specials" and now we judge, quite rightly, this show against all the previous.

1/ The trip in the Hi Lux's to the pole
2/ The trip in and around Okovango delta - Vauxhull Viva, Merc etc.
3/ The Vietnam trip - the 3 mo mo bikes
4/ The South American Bolivia trip - the 40 series, the Rangey etc
5/ The southern part of USA trip - old Camaro & Ram etc

Just a few off the top of the old block, which in my mind were far more entertaining.

However this one will be remembered for mostly negative entertainment.

Gra.

noted your comments but just feel a bit let down,when they could have easily done the road trip and then padded it out showing some fantastic cars that have been tucked away in these palaces buy the Maharaja's of these area especially Jaipur . They also failed to mention the exact route they took having passed through the North of India around Shimla. But at least the local Police in the area have a few British classics to drive around in as i'm sure they did not ship them back......... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back