Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Top Tip of the Week

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Well you all know that I put a full tank of petrol in my diesel and it ran for a couple of miles before cutting out, last week. Drained and filled with Supermarket diesel (nearest station) and added 500ml 2 stroke.

My truck normally returns 23mpg on top quality BP/Shell fuel: readings taken from the inbuilt computer constantly measuring MPG

Well I've done a full tank of diesel and the computer reads 26.3mpg with cheap Supermarket fuel.

TTOTW
To improve overall mpg, fill your diesels with Petrol first and run till engine dies; drain, flush, replace fuel filter and refill with correct fuel;

Voila !​

{PS: The above exercise was carried out by a highly-trained professional - Don't try this at home!.}
{PPS: Disclaimer:- Can't vouch if the reverse works, so I cannot be held responsible for damage caused by adding diesel to a petrol.}

Next week...
How to remove stubborn cream of tartar from your birds-eye wood panelling.

Last edited:
Anything over 25mpg in a 100 is pretty good going IMHO. I suppose the filter changes may have helped. Do you normally add 2 stroke?

Sent from my GT-I9100P

:lol::thumbup::laughing-rolling: maybe you just flushed out some minor blockages .

Nope don't add 2 stroke to every fill, but about every 5 fills.

Back