Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Total Chaos Fab long trave I.F.S suspension for Prado 90

If i changed the wheel width or tyre size for bigger rubber i would expect some loss of mpg but i don't plan to do either while the tyres remain legal .

I've actually found that for me, the width of the tyre seems to have more of a drag/mpg effect on the cruiser compared to say running a 1" Larger diameter tyre. This is comparing a 305 width tyre to a 275.

I've actually found that for me, the width of the tyre seems to have more of a drag/mpg effect on the cruiser compared to say running a 1" Larger diameter tyre. This is comparing a 305 width tyre to a 275.

Same here Beau :thumbup:

Hi Shayne,

Thought I'd give you a little update here! Changed my wheels recently. Running 305 50 20 but on new wheels with different offset + My spacer. In total I now have a -30mm offset, on a 9" wheel. Was surprised that they actually worked as I wasn't planning on running them with spacers. They touch ever so slightly on the front Mud flap but nothing that a little trimming wont fix. Remember my truck is standard and doesn't have a lift. I would say the wheels probably stick out the arch about 20mm... I can get a photo tomorrow if you'd like to see.

Hi Beau its always nice to see pics but i don't think your getting the idea . My 11" wide tyres on -32mm offset 16x8 wheels run maybe 10 or 15mm outside the arches now . If i fitted the TC kit and fitted the same wheels and tyres back on about half the width of my tyre would run outside the arch .

I'll get some pics tomorrow for you!

And I understand what you're saying Shayne. Half the width of your tyre would be a good 5" outside the arch. Doing that with just a deep offset wheel would most likely cause severe stress to the CV's and suspension in general and you'll mostly not be able to turn. Getting the Kit would provide a much more professional setup which is what you want...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's exactly it :thumbup: to go that wide any other way would be like using wooden wheel nuts .

Also Shayne, just for comparison here could you measure your entire track. That's one tyre outer edge to the other. Pictures can only show so much, some actual dimensions would be good, plus I can compare mine with yours.

OK will do gotta bolt the hook to my tow bar in the morning before heading off on what promises to be 6 hour round trip (half of it with a trailer) so i will try to remember to do it then .

Back