Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tow point for rear bumper

whereisgibson

Hi,

I don't appear to have anything at the back of my LC80 that a tow rope can attach to. I'd like to bolt on a shackle to the stock bumper, as I've those four holes drilled and exposed in the centre. Any ideas what I can buy that will fit?

It's only for towing BMWs out of ditches this xmas, nothing extreme.

Have you not got the pig tails left and right under end of chassis rails?

The hitch from QT services fits perfectly.

http://www.qtservices.co.uk/parts/defen ... ackle.html

E1100%20698%20x%20300.jpg

I towed an 18 ton gritter out of a ditch last year with it in the snow, have used it for snatch recoveries you name it. From memory the rating is 14 tonnes but ring them and ask if you want more info.

adrianr said:
Have you not got the pig tails left and right under end of chassis rails?

Hmmn last time I looked under there I couldn't see anything - not with the car at the mo to check... but will double check when I'm back.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hairyguy4 said:
mike54 said:
The hitch from QT services fits perfectly.

http://www.qtservices.co.uk/parts/defen ... ackle.html

E1100%20698%20x%20300.jpg

I towed an 18 ton gritter out of a ditch last year with it in the snow, have used it for snatch recoveries you name it. From memory the rating is 14 tonnes but ring them and ask if you want more info.

x2 on this one, i've got one on my kzj70 and it's a proper bit of gear

Very interesting. Presumably you need some nuts and bolts too (just the bolts in the photo)?

Also, if that's for a defender then the hole pattern must be quite common?

If you have a towbar then its likely that the pig tails have been removed as they do not fit anymore.

Martin, it fits an 80 as well as a defender. Just get bolts to fit, easy peasy.

The QT ones look like the ones on my front bumper, if so they have the same hole spacing as the rear cross member. Bit pricey with VAT and delivery though :shock:

Back