Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tranny question

4x4Angel

Country Flag
united_states
I have a 91 model, automatic and I am REAL new to all this. This may be nothing, but when it shifts into second sometimes the RPM's climb.(quite a bit more than for any other gear) It sounds to me like it's trying to slip a little bit. But if you are on the accelerator more it doesn't do it. Help? :doh:

Last edited:
Is the PWR switch pressed in? Its like a sport button and will let it rev higher.

Is the PWR switch pressed in? Its like a sport button and will let it rev higher.
WTF is one of those? I'm guessing those of us with the early hydraulic boxes don't have this elusive switch.

Yes I am now experiencing this same problem, when kick down engages from 3rd to 2nd, it over revs and not engaging or accelerating and have to back off the throttle to allow the gearbox to catch up and engage! Never did that before... Same like wise under acceleration going from 2nd to 3rd... Over revs before engaging gears!!

I have a 91 model, automatic and I am REAL new to all this. This may be nothing, but when it shifts into second sometimes the RPM's climb.(quite a bit more than for any other gear) It sounds to me like it's trying to slip a little bit. But if you are on the accelerator more it doesn't do it. Help? :doh:

Back