Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transfer Box

1KZ-TE

Hi Folk

The transfer box on my Prado 3.0d, 1KZ-TE, is making bad noises, so am looking out for a replacement/repair.

I've been advised, from Bob at The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club, that the centre diff is likely to be giving the problem.

Does any one know of one or where I might get one, preferably in the Norfolk area?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

Does the transfer box sit to the drivers side or passenger side?

Karl

1KZ-TE said:
I've been advised, from Bob at The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club, that the centre diff is likely to be giving the problem.

There's no escape . . . We are everywhere :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

I've put a reply over on the "other place". If you're stuck I can re-furb it for you, but it won't be a quick turnaround.

As an aside. The reason for Karl's question is that Transfer Boxes have different selector mechanisms for Manual and Auto gearboxes. You have to ask for the correct one ;) .

I hope you get it sorted :thumbup: .

Bob.

Hi Bob

Thanks for your kind offer - how long would you need?

Cheers

Chris

1KZ-TE said:
Thanks for your kind offer - how long would you need?

Chris,

It depends on what's wrong and whether I can get the parts.

The last time I re-built one it needed a new Planet Carrier assembly. That came from the UAE via Ian Rubie and took a few weeks to arrive. Unfortunately, Ian isn't doing "imports" any more.

I have to fit these "Hobby Jobs" in with my domestic chores and it can take a week or so to strip and re-build one unless I give it my full attention.

Is the Prado your 'daily drive' or can you live without it for a while ??

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Jon, it all depends on the timing I guess.

However, I'm not sure that a centre diff assembly will fit Ian's description . .

"If anyone wants any parts, must be small and lightweight, please drop me a PM. This trip will be best suited to things like window rubbers and diff lock actuators." :lol: :lol:

Chris will need to get the box out (he doesn't have any facilities), get it to me and I'll have to strip & examine it before ordering anything.

Ordinarily, I would offer to take a trip to Norfolk with a transporter trailer and fetch the truck - but I still don't have a garage and the yard should be full of Contractors' vehicles if Fred Karno's Army ever return to finish the job :roll: .

Insurance Jobs . . :evil: .

Bob.

Back