Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transfer Case Bash Guards

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Ciao tutti

Further to the above, interest has been expressed in these guards again. I can go ahead with a one off for the gent in question but is there any other intrest so I can make a batch up?

To refresh your memories:

29012010749.jpg

The one on the right is what used to protect my transfer case; the one on the left, in conjunction with the bracket below, is what does the job now...

29012010753.jpg

Plainly the bracket is actually welded up correctly rather than a neatly laid out pile of bits as shown. Everything was powder coated black & all nuts & bolts were supplied in stainless steel.

When we did it last year (when did we do it?) the cost for the kit was £52.00 plus £12.95 P&P via GPO tracked service.

I think everyone who had one last time was very pleased with the guard & seemingly some have proved their worth on the battle grounds offroad already.

Cheers

Attachments

• 29012010749.jpg
    29012010749.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 29012010753.jpg
    29012010753.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 83
Very good guard, highly recommended :thumbup:

I would second that - every 80 owner should buy one of these at the price and quality :thumbup:
Very highly recommended for quality, fit, price and toughness :mrgreen:

Ditto what's Bern said, easy to fit, strong and highly recommended
Get one to start off yr gav's custom tabs collection!

Judging by the deep gouge in mine it has already saved my ass :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
did anyone from the first batch fit one to an early hdj81?

my existing 'bash plate' is not like the one pictured at all. its made of plastic and spans rail to rail rather than fixing on the crossmember. it has some of the sound deadening like that under the bonnet, so i'm not sure if its some sort of acoustic cover. Being plastic, i doubt it can protect from much more than noise, well that and gravel maybe.

Like this you mean?

Did you still want them gav to copy for the next plate?

BashPlate1.jpg

Attachments

• BashPlate1.jpg
    BashPlate1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 85
yeah mine look like that, although mine is an auto, not a manual.

i have no idea why they seem different for JDM 80's

anyway to further confuse the neighbours i went out and took some photos.

hopefully that will work

Thanks for the commendations chaps - I wish I could claim original thought for the 'design' but even so, I was well chuffed with how they turned out. Thumbs up to my supply chain really :D

Ryan Thomson said:
I think I could do with one of those. Put my name down please Gav.
Got you down there Ryan - cheers dude :thumbup:

Callum - the following pic shows where the guard fits:

Underneaththemanual80.jpg

The kit fitted any truck that we tried it to so I am sure it would fit your's - what year is it?

I see you've posted since I started this reply - you're looking for 3 bolt fixings in a triangle arrangement on the metal x-brace just ahead of the transfer box... Them's the ones the plate picks up on & then the bracket fixes to the chasis rail. This was photo from Adrian's manual - the kit fitted fine once he'd taken the plastic plate off...

He didn't have the small plate I had & was able to re-use the bolts holding the plastic in place to fit the new kit - I have no doubt it will fit your truck.

Va bene

Attachments

• Underneaththemanual80.jpg
    Underneaththemanual80.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 68
Callum

I can't see the pictures from work but mine is a 96 Auto and had the large plastic plate that you describe.
Gav's plate fits fine, I just have to trim the plastic plate in front of it over the gearbox itself.
At the moment the gearbox plastic is overlapping Gav's plate and one of the bolts from it doesn't fit but it's been like that for some time now.

Gav Peter said:
I can go ahead with a one off for the gent in question but is there any other intrest so I can make a batch up?
Yes please, you can add me to the list. I've just read the 18 page thread on these guards and they look well worth the money.

Top bloke Gav, for putting in all the effort.

Cheers,

Scott.

Willdo IQ - cheers :thumbup:

I think thats four now - I'll get the ball rolling along :cool:

I can see the pictures now I am at home Callum

Yours is exactly the same as mine and I think Andrew's so you will have no problems.

well, that being the case, i should probably join the bash guard club.

Ooooh something else I can bolt onto my truck...

If its not too late Gav I'd appreciate it if you could add me to your list for the next batch..

Just make sure you get me crash guard made up first Gav :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back