Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy Build

Charlie

So you made it then.... well done!!. I'm about 18 months behind you. Just sorting out the retirement - then I have to get a new house sorted - I'll get the truck refreshed by Matt in 2017 and then do a few trips with Paul in 2017 and aim for the biggie in 2018.

I was looking for a LHD truck and live aboard - but I've decided to miss out South America at the moment - so I will stop in NZ and ship the car back from there so the LHD isn't needed.

If all goes to plan I will call into Indonesia on the flyover from Singapore - I also have to stop into the Philippines to see someone out there as well.

Enjoy your trip... was it all a solo trip or where you with anyone else.??

Yep made it, spent about 6 weeks so far in Aus this year but will be back in the UK in September for a couple of weeks. It will be good to take my 80 out for a run, we should try to meet up somewhere I'd be interested to hear about your 2018 plans.

Charlie is that a high lift jack you have mounted on the right hand side and if so has it been mounted to the base of the pop top ?

Charlie is that a high lift jack you have mounted on the right hand side and if so has it been mounted to the base of the pop top ?

It’s a shower curtain (mounted on the base of the pop-top), it folds out in seconds.
Apple 59.jpg
Apple 61.jpg
Apple 63.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah its nice to be able to have a shower while out in the bush, this system works well.

At long last after many delays my Troopy is finial at Drifta and it's getting a makeover on the interior.
IMG_0251.JPG

Charlie - nicely done - looking good.

What's your water and fuel capacity like... and what's the engine in the truck and how does it compare power wise to your other truck in the UK... suspension ?? Brakes ??

Are you still based in Indonesia??

Best Regards - Denis

Denis,
Yep still in Indo, just renewing my visa...... hopefully all will be ok.
It's a 4.5 V8 diesel, heaps of power and uprated brake booster so stops well too. Tomorrow I'm getting a 90 liter water tank fitted.....
How are thing with you, any travel plans?

Charlie

Bit of delay in the retirement plans - but cannot complain as at least it's moving in right direction. I'm very hopeful all will be sorted by November - it's all down to local council and planning permissions. Don't ask - it's toooo frigging painful and complicated.

No 'truck' travelling for me until next year. Using the truck daily for my work commute so it gets a run out every day and occasionally up to Manchester - expensive on the 'gas' but it's an easy truck to drive - and comfortable. At least I'm avoiding the speeding tickets.....

My mate in the Philippines up'd and died last week - great shame. But I have committed to visit his partner later in the year - told her to keep all the beer in the fridge (he bought it) - so when I go out I can have a beer on him... a blokes promise is a blokes promise!!!

I might very well call into Indo on the way out or back - if you're up for a beer...??? Your gaff or Jakarta ?? The wife will only give me one 'Asia pass' this year so must make the most of it - LOL.

Other than all that life is fairly mundane..... been looking at other trucks but cannot justify the expense of expo'ing them when mine is fine - still I'd like a live inside one eventually... been looking at Tom's over in Germany... went up and gave one a good going over and a drive - nice piece of kit - well built but frigging expensive...

Ahh well - let me know if your up for a beer... always happy to travel..

Regards - Denis

Denis,
We moved to Bali about 6 months ago, so if I'm not onsite Jakarta or Bali for a beer. Keep in touch, be good to catch up for.

Hi Charlie, your truck is looking great. I do like what Drifta do and your pop top and shower curtain look like great additions.

Forgive me donning my electrician's hat for a minute but I couldn't see any fuses close to the battery there. If it's the case that there's none directly connected at the battery then It is essential to get some fitted sized correctly to protect both the larger and smaller cables. Toyota fit fusible links for this purpose to the main batteries. It's also a good idea to cover both battery terminals with insulating covers. If it's in a protected compartment it's not so necessary but they are so cheap it's worth doing anyway.
Hope you didn't mind me saying.

Looks like you're having a fantastic trip. :thumbup: Keep the updates and photos coming.
Not jealous at all. :eusa-snooty:

Best wishes
Rich

Back