Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy Build

I am planning to use the Drifta package and shower curtain too.

Have you taken your truck outside of Australia yet? Are you planning too? Africa or South America?
I heard some bad stories that the 1VD engine is very sensitive to bad fuel.

So far it’s only been in Australia, but who knows what the future holds.

Charlie

Nice to see that the new truck is coming along nicely!!

Handed my notice in at work - had a delay on my retirement plans so I'm about 8 months behind where I wanted to be... but end of the year is now the date when I leave.

Wife wants a new house sorted next year - we (she) seem to be collecting horses at the moment (up to 3) - so I have a bit of a problem there.... after all that is sorted - I'm planning on a few trips and the wife can shovel all the horse shit around for a change - LOL...

Not sure as yet what truck I'll have - Unimog is a possibility - but so is a TOM's truck..... we will have to see what we can do to meet up - where are you based these days... Bali or elsewhere in Indo ??

Best Regards - Denis

Charlie

Nice to see that the new truck is coming along nicely!!

Handed my notice in at work - had a delay on my retirement plans so I'm about 8 months behind where I wanted to be... but end of the year is now the date when I leave.

Wife wants a new house sorted next year - we (she) seem to be collecting horses at the moment (up to 3) - so I have a bit of a problem there.... after all that is sorted - I'm planning on a few trips and the wife can shovel all the horse shit around for a change - LOL...

Not sure as yet what truck I'll have - Unimog is a possibility - but so is a TOM's truck..... we will have to see what we can do to meet up - where are you based these days... Bali or elsewhere in Indo ??

Best Regards - Denis

Denis,
Good to hear from you, Yeah still working in Kalimantan but my family have relocated to Bali for schooling..... so spend a fair bit of time there now too. I’m currently on holiday, but once I get back to work I’ll drop you an email.

Can you spot the latest change

2019-02-21_121148.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Total cost £3613, breakdown of costs below. Maybe I could have saved a few quid if handled the importation process, MOT and V5/DVLA myself, but as I work overseas I went for a turnkey door to door service.

2019-02-22_083356.JPG

Shipping was 10 weeks, but registration took longer than expect. I was told the DVLA running extra checks on all vehicles imported form Australia and needed some information from Australian authorities, but the DVLA would not say what these extra checks were.

10 September, 2018 – Vehicle dropped off at Botany Sydney's main port
21 November, 2018 – Ship arrived at Southampton
24 November, 2018 – Vehicle arrived at MyCarImport
18 December, 2018 – Documents submitted to DVLA for V5
11 February, 2018 – DVLA issue V5
20 February, 2019 – Vehicle delivered

Shipping jpeg.JPG

Last edited:
That is REALLY helpful. Thanks for being so open. Appreciate it.

Really tempted to do this myself but you're looking at 30k to buy and import and nice truck, can't really justify that price.

That's a really good breakdown of price. Can you send me the details of the importers if you wouldn't mind.

I have my eye on some thing in AUS.

Really tempted to do this myself but you're looking at 30k to buy and import and nice truck, can't really justify that price.

Yeah the costs can soon add up, but I used it in Australia before I imported it.

Does that make much differeance on the cost? I see older cars you don't pay vat but not found out about import tax yet

Does that make much differeance on the cost? I see older cars you don't pay vat but not found out about import tax yet

Depending on your employment / residency status, it maybe possible to get away with import tax and VAT......

I called and chatted with Jack at mycarimport. Incredibly helpful and straight forward. Thanks for the tip Charlie.

Back