Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Trying to get my wife into an Amazon

You are correct Gra, 2004 was the first of the 5 x speed auto...

Thanks.

I would expect these to offer marginally better fuel consumption, but around town, fuel consumption isn't going to be great any way.

Even a petrol Amazon could be very much in the frame, for the short trips she does, it could even work out cheaper ?

Gra.

Just find a V8 Auto 5 speed and get her to drive it Graham. Then try and take it back off her.
This is the way, Graham. Just make sure the front end is tight (bearings, ball-joints) so that it feels good. And if it has the very comfy ahc, it better be in good condition.

Saw a thread on here with a damper that automatically opened a rear door - just fit something like that to the bonnet for her - then she can join the AA/RAC and call someone out to reach up and close it for her!;);)

If the 100 is anything like the 80 and I suspect it is then the bonnet is on gas struts anyway. But then why would she want to look under there anyway as it’s a cruiser and that’s Graham’s bit anyway. :)

Last edited:
Well it appears to me that the real issue here is not the car but who wears the trousers... however it is quite simple, just buy an amazon before the beast from the east hits and then tell her she can fkn walk to work if she doesn't want to drive it. Divorce papers are in the glovebox just in case.

Have you ever considered taking up giving marriage guidance GW?

You'd be a natural :lol:

Last edited:
My Mrs didn't want the Amazon initially but now I'm having a hell of a job to pry it off her to sell next month....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My Mrs didn't want the Amazon initially but now I'm having a hell of a job to pry it off her to sell next month....

Funnily enough the same happened to me when I bought my first 80 (before the 100's time), the then wife complained about its size and after a run out on her own proceeded to put the vast majority of the next 100k and I bought a 60 and had to use that.
just an afterthought Gra, don't let her test drive a RR sport, you'll have a job and half convincing her its not what she wants.

Saw a thread on here with a damper that automatically opened a rear door - just fit something like that to the bonnet for her - then she can join the AA/RAC and call someone out to reach up and close it for her!;);)

Its a Toyota Land Cruiser.

No need to open the bonnet.

My last one, an LC3, 120 series., had 275,000 miles on before we sold it.

Don't remember opening the bonnet that many times.

Fantastically reliable

Gra

If the 100 is anything like the 80 and I suspect it is then the bonnet is on gas struts anyway. But then why would she want to look under there anyway as it’s a cruiser and that’s Graham’s bit anyway. :)

Correct,

No need for her to even know where the bonnet opener is.

Gra.

What colour does she want. Find an Amazon in the right colour and it’s sorted…no?

White first choice, black second choice.

There doesn't seem to be any other colours she would entertain.

Gra

Just find a V8 Auto 5 speed and get her to drive it Graham. Then try and take it back off her.

Oh and make sure the colour’s right.

Mmmm,

If I could find a reasonable white or black one, that is not too over priced then yes.

I was looking at one on autotrader, I think it was up for about £11,000
So I run the plate through WBAC

And they valued it at £5,450

Half of what the trader was asking.

OK, I guess it was really worth half way between trader asking price and WBAC
Around £8250, but I can't see the trader entertaining any sort of reduction like that.

Gra

Well it appears to me that the real issue here is not the car but who wears the trousers... however it is quite simple, just buy an amazon before the beast from the east hits and then tell her she can fkn walk to work if she doesn't want to drive it. Divorce papers are in the glovebox just in case.

I used to be a rich man, until the divorce.
Cost me 2 fully paid up houses, and £100,000 in cash bank transfer.
Which took me over 12,5 years to earn, (half of 25, see where I am coming from)

So there will (can not be) be no divorce papers.

Gra

Back